energy accounting

I would like to know what energy accounting is and how to do it myself.

I get burnt out and only figure out why in hindsight.

can someone from NAS help me do this as I never recognise what uses energy until after its happened and I struggle to make new diaries into an established routine or habit, as I already keep track of so much...

are there templates for I can use for energy accounting?

I also looked for the e-befriending service I was advised to check out by NAS at the autism show in Birmingham this year but couldn't find it...

look forward to your help soon,

faithfully,

noushka

Parents
  • When I see the title the first thought that comes into my mind all the time is the electricity and gas suppliers.

• Me too! Even though I know what the discussion is about, my immediate thought when I see it is that it’s a thread about gas and elecricity suppliers and click on to find it’s not!  

• My immediate thought was Private Eye's 'Me and my spoon' column. But then my brain jumps over the important bit.

Seriously, spoon theory. It's about managing one's personal mental or bodily energy:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-ouch-22972767

if spoonies use up more energy than they really have, and get excessively exhausted as a result, it's known as getting into "spoon deficit"

I don't know much about it, but questions to answer to make it work might be:

• How do I know I'm running short of spoons?
    • Is there anything I can I do to find more spoons in that situation? Or is that it for the day?
    • What activities need a lot of spoons? How many?
    • What can you do without using any spoons? Can you schedule those in?

And in my case, if I've had far too little sleep like today, do I have fewer spoons, or have I spilled cutlery all over the floor?

• My immediate thought was Private Eye's 'Me and my spoon' column. But then my brain jumps over the important bit.

Seriously, spoon theory. It's about managing one's personal mental or bodily energy:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-ouch-22972767

if spoonies use up more energy than they really have, and get excessively exhausted as a result, it's known as getting into "spoon deficit"

I don't know much about it, but questions to answer to make it work might be:

• How do I know I'm running short of spoons?
    • Is there anything I can I do to find more spoons in that situation? Or is that it for the day?
    • What activities need a lot of spoons? How many?
    • What can you do without using any spoons? Can you schedule those in?

And in my case, if I've had far too little sleep like today, do I have fewer spoons, or have I spilled cutlery all over the floor?

Children
  • Hahahaha that made me laugh out loud. You can have them back, honestly, I don't want them anymore! 

• Now I know who stole all the spoons.

• This is great Cassandro, I'm going to read this, I really like the sound of it. I'm kind of the opposite way round, I have so much energy that I need some help to manage it. For me, it was the whole trying to fit in thing that exhausted me and now I no longer do that, my task is more about managing my high energy. It's ok at the moment because I'm still coming out of burnout, so I think I'm starting with a deficit of spoons but I can see that I'm building them up again so I need to learn how to balance my energy out for when it hits me full on, full time. I can see my shooting off to the moon or something! Lol!