Please don't be offended - MMR Jab

I have just read that a family in Italy have been awarded compensation through a court ruling declaring that the state is at fault for the familys' sons' autism as he was given the MMR jab.

I HAVE TWO SONS WITH AUTISM!!! Just pointing that fact out before anyone starts jumping down my throat .

Is there anyone that hasn't had or not given their child/ren the MMR yet still is/are autistic?

I have a six month old baby and she will be due her MMR jab at 12/13 months. This is why I would like to find out how many people there actually are, that are diagnosed with ASD/autism etc that NEVER RECEIVED THE MMR JAB.

Parents
  • NarniaAspie said:

I think it might not be so much that it can cause Autism, but maybe it could cause an accelerated onset of symptoms or even cause a greater severity of autism.

This is just an idea.

I think it's more to do with the 2nd MMR jab being given around about the age at which the signs of Autism really start to become obvious (and in the case of the 1st MMR jab, it's around the time when the more subtle signs start to show).

NarniaAspie said:

And remember, legal cases often have very little to do with science.

Actually legal cases are completely hinged on science to prove a case, if not I could blame the tooth fairy for causing autism. (which I don't)  Laughing

[/quote]

The courts seek expert witness advice from the scientific community but at the end of the day the decision made by the judge is a legal decision, not a scientific decision.

• NarniaAspie said:

I think it might not be so much that it can cause Autism, but maybe it could cause an accelerated onset of symptoms or even cause a greater severity of autism.

This is just an idea.

I think it's more to do with the 2nd MMR jab being given around about the age at which the signs of Autism really start to become obvious (and in the case of the 1st MMR jab, it's around the time when the more subtle signs start to show).

NarniaAspie said:

And remember, legal cases often have very little to do with science.

Actually legal cases are completely hinged on science to prove a case, if not I could blame the tooth fairy for causing autism. (which I don't)  Laughing

[/quote]

The courts seek expert witness advice from the scientific community but at the end of the day the decision made by the judge is a legal decision, not a scientific decision.

Children
No Data