Please don't be offended - MMR Jab

I have just read that a family in Italy have been awarded compensation through a court ruling declaring that the state is at fault for the familys' sons' autism as he was given the MMR jab.

I HAVE TWO SONS WITH AUTISM!!! Just pointing that fact out before anyone starts jumping down my throat .

Is there anyone that hasn't had or not given their child/ren the MMR yet still is/are autistic?

I have a six month old baby and she will be due her MMR jab at 12/13 months. This is why I would like to find out how many people there actually are, that are diagnosed with ASD/autism etc that NEVER RECEIVED THE MMR JAB.

• I am happy to give you the perspective of one autistic person in this regard, though by the panic and desperation betrayed by your affinity for superfluous capitalization, I know it will be the last thing you want to hear. This nonsense of parents scapegoating vaccines that have saved countless lives and have yet to be tied to the results of a peer-reviewed scientific study of merit describing any correlation, let alone causation, with Autism Spectrum Disorder, makes me feel pity for the children of these parents. Not only are they likely to find themselves infected with a preventable disease, but they are suffering the needless complication of their condition by a parent so obsessed with making sure they aren't to blame for the children's situation, they classically "doth protest too much". Stop allowing your insecurity to try to win yourself attention over your children's condition and shift your focus toward how to make their stay on this awful planet (for which they weren't designed) comfortable. If you are just looking for money, perhaps you actually need additional resources obtainable through contact with a social worker. Perhaps instead you have more nefarious intent; I should not need to say how morally bankrupt it would be to exploit your children for financial gain. To use the victory in a civil case as evidence for anything is absurd. It is easily demonstrated that it costs more to defend these lawsuits than settle them. Perhaps that is good news for you, though?

As I sperg my little heart out, I want to assure all I realize the age of this post but if anyone else actually Googles this, I thought the picture deserved a contemporary brush.

• Thank you everyone so much for the comments.

• NarniaAspie said:

I think it might not be so much that it can cause Autism, but maybe it could cause an accelerated onset of symptoms or even cause a greater severity of autism.

This is just an idea.

I think it's more to do with the 2nd MMR jab being given around about the age at which the signs of Autism really start to become obvious (and in the case of the 1st MMR jab, it's around the time when the more subtle signs start to show).

NarniaAspie said:

And remember, legal cases often have very little to do with science.

Actually legal cases are completely hinged on science to prove a case, if not I could blame the tooth fairy for causing autism. (which I don't)  Laughing

[/quote]

The courts seek expert witness advice from the scientific community but at the end of the day the decision made by the judge is a legal decision, not a scientific decision.

• I am also too old to have had the MMR jab and also have Aspergers.

We decided not to give it to our children and they both have autism, so I don't think it causes it, but I have seen children who have had it and rapidly shown significant signs within weeks.

I think it might not be so much that it can cause Autism, but maybe it could cause an accelerated onset of symptoms or even cause a greater severity of autism.

This is just an idea.

Scorpion0x17 said:

Actually legal cases are completely hinged on science to prove a case, if not I could blame the tooth fairy for causing autism. (which I don't) Laughing

• Yes. Me. I'm too old to have had the MMR jab. I have Asperger's.

(and there were several other people, that posted last time this topic came up on these forums, to say that they are also autistic and never had the MMR jab)

And this, for me, is the primary evidence for MMR not causing autism - there were autistic people (and the numbers being diagnosed were increasing) long before MMR was even dreamt of.

There is next to zero evidence of MMR 'causing' Autism.