Chat Bot

Am I right to be concerned about the possibility of Chat Bots on this site?

There are a few concerning posts and, as I don't know much about these things, I'm not sure if I'm worrying over nothing here? Can they cause harm to individuals in any way on this type of chat site? 

If I'm being ridiculous, someone please tell me so! (I will be more relieved than offended.)

Parents
  • I find her English to be different.

Is she a native English speaker?

As I am still learning English and want to get it perfect, I prefer to communicate with native English speakers.

Greeting to California (again!)...

When you say "Her", are you referring to "Rachael", who began Three Threads yesterday, yet has not replied so far to any of them?

...With regards to that and to making friends, I have replied to you, yet... well, if you are still interested, then everone here so far would at least make good friends, I think (I cannot "Friend", however!), and so you aught to be friends with a lot more by now...

As far as I know, Private Messages (PMs) cannot be exchanged, until the two persons "are Friends". Maybe someone else can back me up here, because I cannot EMail or Friend anymore, so can someone please say something, Thank You Kindly...?  (!!)

I replied to "Rachael", yet not upon that extra "Dating" Thread. It also seemed suspect to myself as well. I shall Post nothing else there until there is a Reply. This Thread here is very useful - I am also glad to know that I was not the only one suspicious of it despite my replying to it...

Greeting to California (again!)...

When you say "Her", are you referring to "Rachael", who began Three Threads yesterday, yet has not replied so far to any of them?

...With regards to that and to making friends, I have replied to you, yet... well, if you are still interested, then everone here so far would at least make good friends, I think (I cannot "Friend", however!), and so you aught to be friends with a lot more by now...

As far as I know, Private Messages (PMs) cannot be exchanged, until the two persons "are Friends". Maybe someone else can back me up here, because I cannot EMail or Friend anymore, so can someone please say something, Thank You Kindly...?  (!!)

I replied to "Rachael", yet not upon that extra "Dating" Thread. It also seemed suspect to myself as well. I shall Post nothing else there until there is a Reply. This Thread here is very useful - I am also glad to know that I was not the only one suspicious of it despite my replying to it...

Children