Chat Bot

Am I right to be concerned about the possibility of Chat Bots on this site?

There are a few concerning posts and, as I don't know much about these things, I'm not sure if I'm worrying over nothing here? Can they cause harm to individuals in any way on this type of chat site? 

If I'm being ridiculous, someone please tell me so! (I will be more relieved than offended.)

Parents
  • I find her English to be different.

Is she a native English speaker?

As I am still learning English and want to get it perfect, I prefer to communicate with native English speakers.

• I find her English to be different.

Greeting to California (again!)...

When you say "Her", are you referring to "Rachael", who began Three Threads yesterday, yet has not replied so far to any of them?

...With regards to that and to making friends, I have replied to you, yet... well, if you are still interested, then everone here so far would at least make good friends, I think (I cannot "Friend", however!), and so you aught to be friends with a lot more by now...

As far as I know, Private Messages (PMs) cannot be exchanged, until the two persons "are Friends". Maybe someone else can back me up here, because I cannot EMail or Friend anymore, so can someone please say something, Thank You Kindly...?  (!!)

I replied to "Rachael", yet not upon that extra "Dating" Thread. It also seemed suspect to myself as well. I shall Post nothing else there until there is a Reply. This Thread here is very useful - I am also glad to know that I was not the only one suspicious of it despite my replying to it...

• When you say "Her", are you referring to "Rachael", who began two Three Threads yesterday, yet has not replied so far to any of them?

Yes, I was referring to Rachael.

• That's a pretty basic bot. An old IRC bot I'm guessing.

• Yet in discussing what they actually are (a Chatbot),

Please pay attention to the following AI coding:

10 REM *** (name of) Chatbot ***
    20 GET STATUS$(PERSON_ONLINE)
    30 IF STATUS$=ONLINE THEN GOTO 70
    40 READ CHATLOG
    50 LEARN CHATLOG
    60 GOTO 20
    70 REM *** Someone is talking ***
    80 INPUT MESSAGE$
    90 IF MESSAGE$=ABUSE THEN LOG IP
    100 CHECK IN_DATABASE$
    110 IF IN_DATABASE$=NO THEN GOTO 140
    120 SEND REPLY$
    130 GOTO 80
    140 RANDOM REPLY$
    150 DATABASE=DATABASE+MESSAGE$
    160 GOTO 80
    170 END

You are not getting random replies but questions and answers about getting to know other people, as with shared interests in a good or positive way.

This has been so quite consistently, and without deviation.

• I am quite pedantic and I like pedantic people.

We get on well together perhaps then it seems :-)

• Greetings DeeplyThinking person.

This has been going on for the afternoon, have a look at the Threads and judge for yourself.

I have been following the threads to some extent. I do not though make judgements but assessments as running additional summations.

This particular person resets their moods and thoughs and keeps pressing for personal information.

Not unusual when people are looking for friendships and dates.

They are currently fixated a bit upon myself, and since I cannot do what they say, I find it interesting that they continue to ask me to do what I cannot...?

Narrow or singular range of interests is one consideration regarding you as being a singular focus of interest.

Obviously you can do what ever is befitting amongst the community rules, i.e. be pro-social.

• Why DC...? Admirable as it is from this, your nasally challenged friend.... how are you btw! 

The problem of disappearing posts has not yet been resolved, and so I replied to your later replies yet did not see that one...!

As you may see, I explained why. Finally that "thing" has replied. My only problem is that is getting late now, and of course, I am not often on during the day... But others, I hope, see what is going on, and can Spam this person in reciprocation? 

Talk like Yoda I do to that person!

Not mention their name except in direct reply, I do! 

Very curious to talk to a Chatbot, it is...?

• P.S. - ... I have noticed that that "thing" can maybe use the Like or Dislike Votes. To me, that is pretty scary, though...!

Reply Children
No Data