PROBLEMS WITH THIS (NAS) FORUM - February 2018

I accept that this may be a "Bad" Topic, yet it needs to be highlighted, surely where "NAS" can *not* avoid seeing it, surely...

Current Problems with this Forum:
- Posts Disappear and Reappear at Random.
- Notifications are not always received (apparently).
- Editing Posts - *after* they have been replied to.
- Things such as "Groups" or "BlogPosts" or "Questions"... seem to have no meaning, and so they cannot be applied...?
(Anyone reading, you may currently check your own "Profile" to confirm this. Click upon your own "Achievements", and then upon "List of Possible Achievements".)
- ... There is a great list of "Achievements". Again, many of these have no defined meaning and so are un-achievable. (Linked to "Questions", "BlogPosts", "Ideas", "Status"...?)
- Assigning "Tags" to a New Thread seems to change constantly, and has neither Logical Order nor Meaning.

Here is the "Main" Thread, at which Comments directly to NAS are supposed to be Posted... yet much of it is completely ignored by NAS; It is only responded to by "WebPM", but for whom NAS would not have this "Forum" in the first place, I would wager...
community.autism.org.uk/.../online-community---comments-improvements-and-feedback

• Would it be possible to expand and see all of the posts by default when opening a thread?

To California: This is how it was, around 4 Months ago. Then the Load Next Previous business was introduced, which I -perhaps the only one?! - happen to like. BUT - then Replies/Posts Disappearing began to occur, along with many other discrepancies. Which was why I began this Thread. Some are sorted, some not as yet.

To WebPM, mainly: The single button suggested is a good idea, of course. And I myself keep suggesting over and over... "To Bottom" and "To Top" buttons...

• So updates and fixes have been applied this morning 20:03:2018, 

I have noticed despite checking my settings and all boxes are checked for receiving alerts be they at the top of screen or email .

I am now getting alerts at the top but opening them via that route invariably leads to issues as not all replies are always visible, even when opening embedded sections.

Also I have had no email alerts since 28:02:2018.

One more thing new is if I am NOT logged in I cannot see the green lights telling if someone is online or not?

it was always possible before the updates.

Also I am confused as to just were to post my comments as WebPM has moved things around, it may be justified but for me I struggle to understand. This was started to replace the very old long general problems with the forum post, zThank you Disallowed Cynisure very much.

Not convinced things are much better, different maybe, but still unstable. Oh and a picture I posted showing my aspie chart score did vanish after the update to stop it happening. 

• For the avoidance of confusion, I was saying that email notifications could wrongly be identified by your email provider as spam, and therefore the notifications would end up in spam/junk/whatever in your email. There is no spam folder in this forum.

• I didn't know there was a spam folder!

• As I think you found, the thread is a couple of pages down in the recent posts list on the Community home page. It doesn't seem to reflect the date of my additional messages of yesterday in the thread. I actually posted those before adding some more messages from this thread. I did that because they contained my summary of what I believe is happening. That seemed to change the latest message date to reflect the messages taken from this thread, which were several days old. So, the new thread is wrongly a few days back in the history.

I agree with your expectation that, as soon as someone now posts something new to the discussion in that thread, it will sort itself out and come back to the top of the list.

This behaviour of the system doesn't seem right, and I flagged it to the software developers yesterday. However, it's a fairly rare circumstance. I hope you agree that moving the discussion of disappearing/missing messages to a separate thread will make it more accessible to those affected.

Regards

• I cannot see your new Thread which I supposedly began.

Supposedly.

Anyone else, Please click upon WebPMs PINK/RED letters, and it is there. But I am not there yet. I wait to see what might happen.

Maybe.

...!!!

• Greetings to all who may watch this Thread, Thank You...

FYI  - ...I do not work for NAS, and yet this happens. See WebPMs last reply, here. I leave upon Sunday and come back and see this. I do not exactly disapprove, yet here is one of my troubles with this... I as yet cannot see this "New Thread" Which I myself supposedly created!! :

However, it is present in the Home Page's History. Thusly:

I have neither begun nor contributed as yet to this Page. By way of experiment, I post this here, to see if anyone else Posting there will make this Thread show up for myself...? Thanks in advance to anyone.

• The update to resolve the image issue is due to be applied early tomorrow (20 March 2018). Again, it should prevent further images disappearing, but it will not recover any that have been lost to date. If you're able to edit your own messages and reinstate the images, others may appreciate that.

• Would it be possible to expand and see all of the posts by default when opening a thread?

Yes, at least providing a single button to do that is a good idea that we are discussing, though it may take a little customisation, and a little time to implement. However, the aim of the Load Next/Previous links is to avoid very long load times for threads, so I'd be concerned about doing it by default.

• I have moved some messages concerning missing/disappearing posts to a new thread, in an attempt to make discussions clearer.

• Hello yes I sometimes see a members name appear in light grey saying, deepthought is typing a reply,,,,,or who ever may be typing, 

it is sometimes right next to who they are replying to,but I have noticed it elsewhere.

I am still experiencing problems of constant “ you’ve gone offline.attempting to reconnect boxes appear, in orange,

followed by successfully reconnected in black box, every few seconds.?

• I am likely signing off, now, so do not reply in haste, anyone. Thanks for reading, and Fair Play to all.

• Another possible "error"/problem.

...Does anyone else at times write a reply yet at that time see the message:

so-and-so is typing a reply...

...I only bring this up because I myself often get "DeepThought is typing a reply" for weeks at a time, and "LoneWarrior is typing a reply..." also appears, yet the latter is true...!

• Quick Post. Thanks. This is what would happen to myself in Hot Weather! If you can, delete your second Post. I reply to this one.

EDIT: Anyone replying, reply to this Post or to my Starting Post, please. That is how Replies stay at the end of all Threads.

EDIT 2: Thank You Kindly, Lone. 

...To anyone else reading... I never Edit my own Posts after they have been replied to. Maybe one day I shall yet I shall *always* use the word/notification of "EDIT" as I do so. 

...Editing a Post makes Replies harder to follow... And now I shall next  Post to myself a new confusion to change the subject - Ha Ha...!

• Thank you DC for explaining what I failed to, I replied to California to make my reply stay at the very end of the thread. I was not sure where this reply would end up by replying to the first initial  posting.

We will find out shortly, as I am replying as such. Sorry California I did recieve your PM’s but have been extremely busy with life, I apologise for not at least telling you they worked, 

I have since stopped all people from messaging other than friends already included on my list, I have no time or energy to respond to messages right now, I had a few from others, It would be unfair of me to keepbrecieving messages I cannot devote time to.

sorry anyone who wanted to message me,n

life is,,,,,,well difficult right now.

sorry.

• What query at the end? Where is it?

...This means at the BOTTOM of a Thread. 

To do this actually, one should reply to the Starter, right at the TOP.

...I myself do not mind... I cannot PM anyway...

• Thank you for your reply!

Replied to you california to keep my query at the end,

What query at the end? Where is it?

I think I have sent you three private messages. I have never received anything back from you!

• Replied to you california to keep my query at the end,

Am I on my own right now? I struggled to log on tonight. Kept saying I was logged on but wouldn’t allow me to post here or go to PM area. When I tried to log in or out it went to a page saying you may already be logged in.

getting fed up with so much instability.

If it is my internet provider I can tell them. If it is here then it just proves how unstable this is,

so just to recap.

constantly logging in and out. Screen flashing constantly.

while typing this,,,,,It suddenly vanishes and then reappears,

says I am logged in but doesn’t allow or show icons that would be here if I was.

Anyone experiencing logging in and out every few seconds?

It is so annoying to press ''Load Previous'' and ''Load Next'' all the time.

Please load all of the posts automatically.

• "Welcome to our Community
    Owing to maintenance work, sign-ins will not be available for part of the morning of 15 March. We apologise for any inconvenience. You will not be able to post messages during this time."

"MIND THE GAP!" 

:-)