Is it sad/ok to go to the Cinema on your own?

Some people say it's sad to go on your own but I don't think it is? I recently got a unlimited card so I can go to the cinema as many times as I want. I only have 4 close friends but they're always busy and they're rarely able to go to cinema with me apart from once/twice on some weekends. I haven't really got any other friends to ask to go with me unfortunately but there are quite a lot of movies I want to see so I'm just going to go on my own anyway.

Also wondered if anyone else here goes to the cinema on their own as well. :)

Parents
  • Greetings from me. I keep seeing this Thread/Topic appearing, and so I thought that I might throw in my Two-Penny-Worth...

Of course it alright to go by yourself (as an adult!). With regards to myself, past Forty Years old, it was the usual business: As a child going with family to see what I did not care about, then as a teenager going to see films of mutual interest, and then as an Adult going on my own regardless of all other people...

Yet nowadays, for totally unrelated reasons, I do not go to the cinema at all. The reasons are as follows: 1- Now it costs far too much (over £10) 2- it is cheaper to "buy the DVD" (or "Stream" the film) 3- I have no friends at all (!)... but 4- Around 2002, they began to turn the VOLUME UP MUCH TOO LOUD AND I COULD NOT MAKE ANY SENSE OF WHAT WAS GOING ON BECAUSE EVEN PEOPLE BREATHING WAS RIDICULOUSLY LOUD AND I WOULD LEAVE THE CINEMA WITH MY EARS RINGING OR HISSING FOR A GOOD WEEK AFTERWARDS!!

...*Ahem* ...Please excuse the manner of that last part. Yet, for anyone who cannot find Cinemas/Theatres anymore, Please try living in South London as I do... Waterloo, Wandsworth, Wimbledon, Purley... all that is here is mostly Restaurants, Cinemas, and then the places in which to put everyone in the meantime (Housing)...!

Glad Tidings to all who may read, of course...

• Most cinema's now offer autism-friendly viewings of their new releases, although these are usually offered during the day. You might find these less BOOMING / INVASIVE TO THE EARS! :)  

Reply Children
  • (This is me, not being very good at "chatting"...!)

Greetings, Endymion... Here In London, it is still cheaper for me to "wait for the DVD" so-to-speak. And I do not miss "going to the Cinema" at all. The last film I ever saw was Harry Potter 2... (£7).

... I forgot to mention that I also wear Spectacles! Great fun, back then, looking UP at persons who were half the size of a football pitch! ふふふ... :-)