Is it sad/ok to go to the Cinema on your own?

Some people say it's sad to go on your own but I don't think it is? I recently got a unlimited card so I can go to the cinema as many times as I want. I only have 4 close friends but they're always busy and they're rarely able to go to cinema with me apart from once/twice on some weekends. I haven't really got any other friends to ask to go with me unfortunately but there are quite a lot of movies I want to see so I'm just going to go on my own anyway.

Also wondered if anyone else here goes to the cinema on their own as well. :)

Parents
  • Greetings from me. I keep seeing this Thread/Topic appearing, and so I thought that I might throw in my Two-Penny-Worth...

Of course it alright to go by yourself (as an adult!). With regards to myself, past Forty Years old, it was the usual business: As a child going with family to see what I did not care about, then as a teenager going to see films of mutual interest, and then as an Adult going on my own regardless of all other people...

Yet nowadays, for totally unrelated reasons, I do not go to the cinema at all. The reasons are as follows: 1- Now it costs far too much (over £10) 2- it is cheaper to "buy the DVD" (or "Stream" the film) 3- I have no friends at all (!)... but 4- Around 2002, they began to turn the VOLUME UP MUCH TOO LOUD AND I COULD NOT MAKE ANY SENSE OF WHAT WAS GOING ON BECAUSE EVEN PEOPLE BREATHING WAS RIDICULOUSLY LOUD AND I WOULD LEAVE THE CINEMA WITH MY EARS RINGING OR HISSING FOR A GOOD WEEK AFTERWARDS!!

...*Ahem* ...Please excuse the manner of that last part. Yet, for anyone who cannot find Cinemas/Theatres anymore, Please try living in South London as I do... Waterloo, Wandsworth, Wimbledon, Purley... all that is here is mostly Restaurants, Cinemas, and then the places in which to put everyone in the meantime (Housing)...!

Glad Tidings to all who may read, of course...

• Greetings from me. I keep seeing this Thread/Topic appearing, and so I thought that I might throw in my Two-Penny-Worth...

Of course it alright to go by yourself (as an adult!). With regards to myself, past Forty Years old, it was the usual business: As a child going with family to see what I did not care about, then as a teenager going to see films of mutual interest, and then as an Adult going on my own regardless of all other people...

Yet nowadays, for totally unrelated reasons, I do not go to the cinema at all. The reasons are as follows: 1- Now it costs far too much (over £10) 2- it is cheaper to "buy the DVD" (or "Stream" the film) 3- I have no friends at all (!)... but 4- Around 2002, they began to turn the VOLUME UP MUCH TOO LOUD AND I COULD NOT MAKE ANY SENSE OF WHAT WAS GOING ON BECAUSE EVEN PEOPLE BREATHING WAS RIDICULOUSLY LOUD AND I WOULD LEAVE THE CINEMA WITH MY EARS RINGING OR HISSING FOR A GOOD WEEK AFTERWARDS!!

...*Ahem* ...Please excuse the manner of that last part. Yet, for anyone who cannot find Cinemas/Theatres anymore, Please try living in South London as I do... Waterloo, Wandsworth, Wimbledon, Purley... all that is here is mostly Restaurants, Cinemas, and then the places in which to put everyone in the meantime (Housing)...!

Glad Tidings to all who may read, of course...

Children