What does your avatar mean?

Mine is Beaker from the Muppets. I can identify with Beaker, a somewhat gullible test subject and long suffering assistant of Dr Bunsen Honeydew. Somebody that things always happen to, often out of his control.

Beaker is my spirit animal.

Parents
  • Brains from Thunderbirds sums me up - I may not be quite as clever and am certainly not under the wing of one of the wealthiest people on Earth - but I share a lot of characteristics with him.  I may have lost my stammer over the years.  A tour of the Thunderbirds studio where they were making some 'new' episodes of the classic puppet show meant I could at last meet him.  And he had not changed a bit in the last fifty years!

• As a kid I wanted to be John Tracey up in the space station Thunderbird 5 as it meant I could be alone, do whatever I wanted and be able to listen or watch any TV or Radio station in the world with their monitoring equipment... as a kid who was obsessed with long distance TV and radio reception this was a dream job!

• What a great programme Thunderbirds was!  And International Rescue operating outside of any government with no interference, just accepted they would turn up and rescue people when resources of public bodies couldn't help at all.  It is also reassuring to know that in fifty years time or so there will be a return to reel-to-reel tape recorders, dials on machinery, and BOAC.

• absolutely... in the early 70s it was the highlight of the week for me... FAB music too!

Reply Children
No Data