What does your avatar mean?

Mine is Beaker from the Muppets. I can identify with Beaker, a somewhat gullible test subject and long suffering assistant of Dr Bunsen Honeydew. Somebody that things always happen to, often out of his control.

Beaker is my spirit animal.

Parents
  • Brains from Thunderbirds sums me up - I may not be quite as clever and am certainly not under the wing of one of the wealthiest people on Earth - but I share a lot of characteristics with him.  I may have lost my stammer over the years.  A tour of the Thunderbirds studio where they were making some 'new' episodes of the classic puppet show meant I could at last meet him.  And he had not changed a bit in the last fifty years!

• Brains from Thunderbirds sums me up - I may not be quite as clever and am certainly not under the wing of one of the wealthiest people on Earth - but I share a lot of characteristics with him.  I may have lost my stammer over the years.  A tour of the Thunderbirds studio where they were making some 'new' episodes of the classic puppet show meant I could at last meet him.  And he had not changed a bit in the last fifty years!

Children
  • All of this discussion is/was a new Thread in itself, maybe...

I, as a child, very much enjoyed "SuperMarionation". The ThunderBirds theme tune, is one of those tunes often voted to be our next National Anthem, seriously. (That and The Archers... and The A-Team (which cannot really count as it is from America)... yet any "Full Orchestra" stuff.)

I always liked ThunderBirds, StingRay, and Captain Scarlet... this last seemed a bit harsh, yet now that I am an adult, I may tolerate such violence to an extent (e.g. - I change the channel).
    StingRay has a Mr.Troy Tempest, my own favourite, for he always held one eyebrow higher than the other, as if both concerned and yet curious at the same time, regardless of the situation. And: "Anything can happen in the next half hour!" still applies to me this day, whenever I eat something...

To close this Post, my least favourite is Joe-90. He is one of the scariest things that I recall from my childhood. Him, sitting calmly, inside that great big whooping-machine, flashing lights, with full orchestral music... he sits unmoving... without blinking or twitching... as though he were a puppet...
    ...wait - what? ... IS he really?! Why doesn't anyone tell me these things??

• Uh huh. So not, "spectrum is green", then?

• As a kid I wanted to be John Tracey up in the space station Thunderbird 5 as it meant I could be alone, do whatever I wanted and be able to listen or watch any TV or Radio station in the world with their monitoring equipment... as a kid who was obsessed with long distance TV and radio reception this was a dream job!