The Autistic Christian

Let me say from the start that I have a strong faith and although I’m willing to discuss it, I have not started this thread to try and evangelise anyone. Simply I’d like to discuss with other autistic Christians how they cope with church, other Christians and trying to resolve their head around everything.

Parents
  • My experience of church has been weddings and funerals. 

The seating is awful, uncomfortable long rigid benches, no personal space, trapped. 

No clock, no timeline of events, no knowing when you will be back to your personal space. 

• One thing that I did notice, especially for my Mum’s funeral in 2009 and my Dad’s funeral in 2018 is that Irish Catholic funerals in my home parish in Rural Ireland (I’ve been living in Manchester since 2002 and came home to Ireland from the U.K. for both funerals) is that they are very well attended to the point of overcrowding and people come from miles around - one relative even came from America to attend, so imagine that happening after Covid though 

• One thing that I did notice, especially for my Mum’s funeral in 2009 and my Dad’s funeral in 2018 is that Irish Catholic funerals in my home parish in Rural Ireland (I’ve been living in Manchester since 2002 and came home to Ireland from the U.K. for both funerals) is that they are very well attended to the point of overcrowding and people come from miles around - one relative even came from America to attend, so imagine that happening after Covid though 

Children
No Data