Is this burnout? How to fix it?!

Hi all, I'm new here. 

I'm still in the process of a formal diagnosis much later in life. I'm still trying to get to a better understanding of my new normal instead of pretending I'm "normal"  

I'm a single mum, my kids are growing up and I'm 4 months into a full time customer services job after 15 years of only part time work. I scraped through the long group training weeks and team building hell and now I have to be happy and chirpy on the phone 8 hours a day to customers, group teams meeting and being fake/masking all day. Ive found it really rough. 

I have recently had to also deal with some pretty serious ongoing drama. Trying to stay afloat and balance it all but I'm about 14 hours deep into panic attacks today. Already petrified for clocking on again in the morning 

I guess what I'm trying to work out is if this is a burnout and it might pass with some self care and solitude or if I'm kidding myself that I'll ever survive this job.. 

Have any of you got past anything like this? 

Parents
  • You need to rest and recharge. It's far easier to say than actually do. For a start you need to be kind to yourself, life is tough and complicated.

If you can take time out as much as you can, light exercise, spend time doing this you enjoy, spend time outside, yoga, meditation, massage etc.

There's no quick fix. If should go and see your GP. They can possibly discuss your options eg. meds or talking therapy. Sometimes just talking to a trusted friend (who won't freak) and getting all those bottled thoughts out can be hugely beneficial.

It isn't a sign of weakness it's your bodies way of warning you to slow down and take a breath.

Take care 

• You need to rest and recharge. It's far easier to say than actually do. For a start you need to be kind to yourself, life is tough and complicated.

If you can take time out as much as you can, light exercise, spend time doing this you enjoy, spend time outside, yoga, meditation, massage etc.

There's no quick fix. If should go and see your GP. They can possibly discuss your options eg. meds or talking therapy. Sometimes just talking to a trusted friend (who won't freak) and getting all those bottled thoughts out can be hugely beneficial.

It isn't a sign of weakness it's your bodies way of warning you to slow down and take a breath.

Take care 

Children
No Data