Really fed up

I've just been looking at clothes, and I can't find any trousers in my size and length and that are elasticated waist, unless I want to pay over £100, which I don't and can't afford anyway. I've looked at tops and can't find any of those either, they all look like they come to short in the body for me, I wish I could go to a physical shop and look at stuff and try it on, feel the fabric etc.

It's all got worse since covid nearly all the shops have closed down, if I do find an actual shop then they usually tell me they don't do my size but I can order online.

I feel so freakish, most of the time I wouldn't wear "nice" clothes as I only really do dog walking and food shopping, but it would be nice to have the options. This a recurrent depressing circumstance that happens about twice a year, all my clothes are falling apart or are to big, as I've lost quite a bit of weight. Why can I only get winter clothes in spring and summer clothes in autumn? Do they hide them all the rest of the year? I feel like I don't fit, physically in this world, I really envy people who can just go into any shop and find stuff that fits like it was made for them. I get fed up of cars that don't accomodate long legs like mine, that boast about flexible driving positions and I'd still end up sitting in the back seat to get my legs under the stearing wheel. It took months to find a sofa with a seat that didn't feel like sitting on a shelf.

I dont' want to go back to try plastic surgery to help with the scarring on my belly as the guy I saw was really nasty, obviously hated womens bodies, said I'd have to lose half my body weight and get rid of all my allergies before I could even be considered for surgery and not to try anyone else because they wouldn't see me either. He's just the latest in a long line of body shamers, like the bloke in a shoe shop who sneered at me and told me they don't do shoes in my size. The people who've told me to go on a diet because my legs are to long, I could go on but the list would be almost endless.

Thanks for listening to me dumping on everyone.

• Thank God for Dunne's Stores, in a nearby town, being accommodating and affordable.

However, I rarely buy clothes. I still wear the same apparel I accumulated over the past decade, or so. I'm such a Bloke. Slight smile

• Thanks, I have tried LTS, but I find them expensive and when I went to a physical shop I found the rise in their trousers to short, it was just like an extra couple of inches had been added on to the overall length, my thighs and calves are in proportion. I find this a big problem with many clothes made for taller people, they're rarely reproportioned properly.

Yeah, we'd better get any winter clothes we need in the next fortnight, before everything becomes halloween themed and then xmas themed.

• (I have avoided including relevant url in this post in the hope it will not get bounced).

Well, this reply is a bit niche - plus, I wasn't quite sure if you welcomed a reply (some people don't always want a reply when in "dumping" mode?) ...here goes anyway:

I am a couple of inches above average height for a UK woman.  However, one of my female relatives is a further couple of inches taller again. 

She is tall but not super slim.  (Same here!  Plus we both are UK shoe size 9 or more). 

Sometimes she finds "out of season" clothes in the sale (helps with the budget too) of Long Tall Sally.

Their trousers are available in leg women's leg lengths 34 / 36 / 38" - which we have found scarce to source in the UK (in some USA brands those are more readily found).

They also do shoes in larger sies (with or without wider fittings available).

We like that they tell you the drop length of clothing items and the height of the clothes model in the photo.  Also, they tell you what material is in the garment (she prefers manmade fabrics - whereas I prefer natural fibre fabrics).

It is helpful that - if you go to the main menu, size guide - you can then explore the size guide details by item type. 

Their default approach to sizes across the range includes: 5' 8" (173cm) and taller, within UK women's clothing sizes 8 to 32, 

p s. I am not an employee of said firm (maybe I should be!).

(Sorry - wisdom isn't available in support of your other topics).

See no evil

• I hate the way shops do winter stuff not in winter and summer stuff not in summer. Like you, that's when I want to buy them!

I thought long legs was a good thing? I don't know. The main thing that I notice about people physically is their eyes.