Anxiety is getting worse since Autism diagnosis

AS per subject

I can't seem to stop that anxious feeling in my stomach, it seems it has gotten worse since I was confirmed as Autistic 2 weeks ago, I am on 90mg Duloxetine and I don't know why it's getting worse, it only stops when I'm sleeping but when I wake up, it returns.

Is this normal after a confirmed diagnosis, to be fair, all my life I was always depressed and very rarely anxious but since the Pandemic and current work issues, my anxiety seems to be playing a more prominent role in my life than it was before.

Parents
  • I think I understand how you feel, I've felt a gnawing anxiety since I'd been diagnosed in April. I also felt depressed a lot in my life (I didn't realise I was autistic until diagnosed) - not knowing why I struggled so much. Anxiety has always been there, but I've never felt it so much as in recent years. I haven't told my work about my Autism - and can't bring myself to, so that's probably part of what's elevating it. Working through the pandemic - I had to work online whereas before I was among people - was just awful. I think those recent, intense feelings are nearer the surface than they used to be, for me anyway, because of that horrible time and also because of getting to grips with the diagnosis.

• I think I understand how you feel, I've felt a gnawing anxiety since I'd been diagnosed in April. I also felt depressed a lot in my life (I didn't realise I was autistic until diagnosed) - not knowing why I struggled so much. Anxiety has always been there, but I've never felt it so much as in recent years. I haven't told my work about my Autism - and can't bring myself to, so that's probably part of what's elevating it. Working through the pandemic - I had to work online whereas before I was among people - was just awful. I think those recent, intense feelings are nearer the surface than they used to be, for me anyway, because of that horrible time and also because of getting to grips with the diagnosis.

Children
No Data