Covid Lockdown

Hi,

I was wondering what people's experiences were during lockdown and whether this affected autistic individuals more so the neurotypical peers?

Thanks Slight smile

Parents
  • It was after lockdown that my struggles became very apparent, the world opening up was when I really crashed.

I had got used to the world  being quiet, I hated the world for becoming noisy and invasive again.
    I accidentally listened to a radio interview, two autistic people were being interviewed about how autism affects them, suddenly it all made sense. 
    In one way lockdown and a series of events saved me, I had fully planned my exit.

• The end of lockdown was not just weird, but one also was in no doubt that our world had changed forever in the most fundamental ways, even aside from my later autism diagnosis in 2021 - I had a strong desire to connect with nature and to ponder all of the news reports, as I realised that evil in our world was a very real and tangible force - my autism diagnosis could not have possibly have invalided the truth that was slowly emerging about our world - on a few occasions during that summer, I’d also went to our local graveyard to pray the Rosary for the dead, as my Catholic faith was growing stronger and had already carried me through much of the sheer heartbreak of Covid - it was at this point that I’d also taught myself to pray the Rosary in Latin and I’d also found a Catholic webcam that had the Traditional Mass in Latin 

• The end of lockdown was not just weird, but one also was in no doubt that our world had changed forever in the most fundamental ways, even aside from my later autism diagnosis in 2021 - I had a strong desire to connect with nature and to ponder all of the news reports, as I realised that evil in our world was a very real and tangible force - my autism diagnosis could not have possibly have invalided the truth that was slowly emerging about our world - on a few occasions during that summer, I’d also went to our local graveyard to pray the Rosary for the dead, as my Catholic faith was growing stronger and had already carried me through much of the sheer heartbreak of Covid - it was at this point that I’d also taught myself to pray the Rosary in Latin and I’d also found a Catholic webcam that had the Traditional Mass in Latin 

Children
No Data