Covid Lockdown

Hi,

I was wondering what people's experiences were during lockdown and whether this affected autistic individuals more so the neurotypical peers?

Thanks Slight smile

Parents
  • By far, the biggest issue for me was being separated from my family in Ireland living alone here in the U.K. so the internet became very important and being able to speak to family and friends via Zoom, as well as using our home parish’s webcam to see Zoom Masses from Ireland - I had a string of emails with the Irish Embassy in London desperate to go home, as the Irish Covid restrictions were much stricter and lasted for far longer than the U.K., even though I’ve always held and renewed an Irish passport the entire 23 years that I’ve lived in the U.K. - the other issue was the sense of heartbreak at seeing what was happening at the time as the truth started to emerge and the most pitiful and heartbreaking scene was webcam images from my home parish in Ireland at Christmas 2020 that I’ll never forget as long as I live 

• By far, the biggest issue for me was being separated from my family in Ireland living alone here in the U.K. so the internet became very important and being able to speak to family and friends via Zoom, as well as using our home parish’s webcam to see Zoom Masses from Ireland - I had a string of emails with the Irish Embassy in London desperate to go home, as the Irish Covid restrictions were much stricter and lasted for far longer than the U.K., even though I’ve always held and renewed an Irish passport the entire 23 years that I’ve lived in the U.K. - the other issue was the sense of heartbreak at seeing what was happening at the time as the truth started to emerge and the most pitiful and heartbreaking scene was webcam images from my home parish in Ireland at Christmas 2020 that I’ll never forget as long as I live 

Children
No Data