Covid Lockdown

Hi,

I was wondering what people's experiences were during lockdown and whether this affected autistic individuals more so the neurotypical peers?

Thanks Slight smile

Parents
  • I liked that I could take a step back from the world and lie in the garden all day if I wished. I liked that when I was out cycling, there was almost no traffic on the roads. However, I was worried because I am self employed so no furlough for me, and my work is going into people's houses to clean, so obviously that was a no-no too. I had to go on universal credit, which was a big blow to my self esteem. I also struggled with being unable to visit my mum as I was living apart from her.

My mental health would definitely have been worse had my friend not returned from work in London the week before lockdown hit. She moved into my spare room and we were able to form a household 'bubble'. If I had not had her around I don't know if I would have coped with no human contact.

• I liked that I could take a step back from the world and lie in the garden all day if I wished. I liked that when I was out cycling, there was almost no traffic on the roads. However, I was worried because I am self employed so no furlough for me, and my work is going into people's houses to clean, so obviously that was a no-no too. I had to go on universal credit, which was a big blow to my self esteem. I also struggled with being unable to visit my mum as I was living apart from her.

My mental health would definitely have been worse had my friend not returned from work in London the week before lockdown hit. She moved into my spare room and we were able to form a household 'bubble'. If I had not had her around I don't know if I would have coped with no human contact.

Children
  • Ok that angry emoji is NOT supposed to be there. 

My mental health would definitely have been worse had my friend not returned from work in London the week before lockdown hit. She moved into my spare room and we were able to form a household 'bubble'. If I had not had her around I don't know if I would have coped with no human contact.Rage