Night Owls thread

This a thread for a people who are still awake at night and feeling lonely.  You can chat here.

Parents
  • I hope anyone who's still awake is having a good night?

• I'm still up - not for much longer though.

Saw a rather disturbing event on my way home tonight - there is a big road intersection close to the building I live in and as I was getting to the door to the building I heard a squeal of vehicle brakes and a thump - I looked over and someone had been crossing the road after the crossing light had changed and had got hit by a bus.

Turns out they didn't make it - the road ended up closed in rush hour (all 6 lanes of it) and it caused quite a traffic snarl up.

It does make you realise how fleeting life is and that there is no point puting things off as you never know when it will be too late.

• It is a shocking thing to be in close proximity to a road traffic collision - particularly one resulting in a fatality.  I am sorry to hear that news for the sake of all involved.

As it was on your route home / close by your home it might feel even more of a "close call" which can be unsettling.

I am hoping that you have the opportunity (take the time) to talk about the experience, in person, with someone you know over the next few days - as it can help to put yourself back into your own life mode (hope that makes sense).

Indeed, a reminder for us all to seize life's opportunities.

• It is a shocking thing to be in close proximity to a road traffic collision - particularly one resulting in a fatality.  I am sorry to hear that news for the sake of all involved.

As it was on your route home / close by your home it might feel even more of a "close call" which can be unsettling.

I am hoping that you have the opportunity (take the time) to talk about the experience, in person, with someone you know over the next few days - as it can help to put yourself back into your own life mode (hope that makes sense).

Indeed, a reminder for us all to seize life's opportunities.

Children