Night Owls thread

This a thread for a people who are still awake at night and feeling lonely.  You can chat here.

Parents
  • A very bleak night owl tonight.  I feel that my feathers will fall out soon.

• bleak night owl

Morning. 

If I spot that I am in bleak mode; I find I need to be thoughtful / careful about my music selections for a while. 

I keep a short-ish playlist of suitable "safe" music track choices to play on a loop until my mood lifts a bit.

I think my music choices for that particular playlist are a bit more eclectic than my usual taste, but hey, if it can nudge me out of stall or bleak mode - so be it.  I give it a try.

In bleak / stall mode; I don't aim for traditionally gleeful / uplifting material (too saccharin for me). 

I go for tracks drawn from a mix of genres and cultures - which have lyrics, themes, associations or musical styles which I find more life determined or that I find infectious in their enthusiasm of musical beat or artist's performance style.  I don't look for comedy content - but if it can associate a smile of recognition - that track can stay on the playlist.

Such material will, by it's nature and objectives, be a highly personal selection - so it doesn't really make sense to share notes on the anti-stall playlist I choose to deploy.

Hoping you might have access to some music choices of your own that are more likely, than not, to aid surfacing from very bleak night owl status.

• I get where you are coming from and someone's music taste is an interesting thing.  Sometimes bleak music can console you and make you feel less alone.  

I'm not listening to anything at the moment.

Reply Children
No Data