Night Owls thread

This a thread for a people who are still awake at night and feeling lonely.  You can chat here.

Parents
  • A very bleak night owl tonight.  I feel that my feathers will fall out soon.

• bleak night owl

Morning. 

If I spot that I am in bleak mode; I find I need to be thoughtful / careful about my music selections for a while. 

I keep a short-ish playlist of suitable "safe" music track choices to play on a loop until my mood lifts a bit.

I think my music choices for that particular playlist are a bit more eclectic than my usual taste, but hey, if it can nudge me out of stall or bleak mode - so be it.  I give it a try.

In bleak / stall mode; I don't aim for traditionally gleeful / uplifting material (too saccharin for me). 

I go for tracks drawn from a mix of genres and cultures - which have lyrics, themes, associations or musical styles which I find more life determined or that I find infectious in their enthusiasm of musical beat or artist's performance style.  I don't look for comedy content - but if it can associate a smile of recognition - that track can stay on the playlist.

Such material will, by it's nature and objectives, be a highly personal selection - so it doesn't really make sense to share notes on the anti-stall playlist I choose to deploy.

Hoping you might have access to some music choices of your own that are more likely, than not, to aid surfacing from very bleak night owl status.

• I'm currently listening to Holiday by America: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4-oCE2y-CrE18IkWX9jdulS8qEk7Y3rP

There's a song in there about loneliness.

Reply Children
No Data