Night Owls thread

This a thread for a people who are still awake at night and feeling lonely.  You can chat here.

Parents
  • hello night owls! It is but 3 pm where I am. but - hello!

• 10pm for me - soon will be time for a shower and off to bed to read.

We are having an unseasonally cold day here with a high of 13C - the norm is in the mid 20s and next week is all high 20s so quite pleasant.

For context it is mid winter - the same as Feb in the UK. I think I prefer it here.

Where are you based?

• 10pm for me - soon will be time for a shower and off to bed to read.

We are having an unseasonally cold day here with a high of 13C - the norm is in the mid 20s and next week is all high 20s so quite pleasant.

For context it is mid winter - the same as Feb in the UK. I think I prefer it here.

Where are you based?

Children
  • lovely. It used to be like that here too. I am on Maui. ..maybe I'll go live on Cook islands now and visit with your uncle!

• Polynesia.

I have Cook Island on my to-visit list over the next few years as my uncle (now in his 80s) is a annual visistor for the diving and local life there.

He is a Scotsman like me and his later life wanderings took him out there and he fell in love with it - especially the people who had such a down to earth view on life and a lack of the complications of greed and corruption that seem to pervade so much of the world.

He has even written some books about his travels that cover his time in Polynesia that I enjoyed reading,

• Polynesia.

what are you reading?