This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

This forum

This forum will never be a welcoming place for all until it is properly moderated.

I come back here because I want to make friends and feel supported.  But everytime you return here there are extreme individuals stoking discord and disharmony.

It would be nice if the National Autistic Society would recognise the problem one day.

Parents
  • This reply was deleted.
  • In contast when you force everyone to put up with each other. When your force people to share their space with people who get under their skin and freak them out, there is true diversity. The woke crowed is and should be very welcome here. And long may the debating and clashing of view points continue as we learn to respect people whos opinions we find disrespectable, even unconscionable.

• In contast when you force everyone to put up with each other. When your force people to share their space with people who get under their skin and freak them out, there is true diversity. The woke crowed is and should be very welcome here. And long may the debating and clashing of view points continue as we learn to respect people whos opinions we find disrespectable, even unconscionable.

Children
  • So now you’re trying to censor me? A bit ironic.

I am asking you to withdraw a false accusation. This is not censoring. However since you are content with sustaining this lie then I will leave you to your musings.

You happily chatted with that person while they abused me and didn’t say a word.

Since when was I required to be your guardian?.

I'm sorry, I have tried being nice in my discussions and given you plenty of room to be rational but still you lash out - I'm out of this conversation. I hope you find what you need in the end.

• You happily chatted with that person while they abused me and didn’t say a word.

Is it worth arguing still? We can’t exactly go back in time…

I recall flagging the post at the time as I thought it was over the line but I am not the one to judge or decide an action for it.

They reported the post so they weren’t agreeing with the abuse they just dealt with it differently than you wanted ig

• So now you’re trying to censor me? A bit ironic.

No, Iain. You happily chatted with that person while they abused me and didn’t say a word.

Own it.

• you were certainly one of the people who tolerated me being abused on the thread

Can you tell me what power I had to do anything about that which you yourself could not do?

Those who tolerate and stand by while others are abused are no better than the abuser.

If the mods were unwilling to pull the post then it implies it did not meet the threshold of abuse. Have you written to them to ask about this?

I recall flagging the post at the time as I thought it was over the line but I am not the one to judge or decide an action for it.

So for you to equate me to the abuser for this is unacceptable - please retract your accusation.

• Well you were certainly one of the people who tolerated me being abused on the thread I mentioned previously and happily interacted with my abuser.

I’m sure you feel very superior and proud of yourself. You really shouldn’t.

Tolerance and acceptance are essential to living harmoniously in this world.

Those who tolerate and stand by while others are abused are no better than the abuser. Iain.

• People come here for support and information Peter. Vulnerable people. Desperate people.

They are a part of this community it is true, but so are others who find kin amongst other autists who share their experiences and (in some) their view on life.

To exclude these people whose view does not meet with your approval is to attack some of the vulnerable people you claim the site is for - there is an irony.

Autists are such a mixed bunch that we cannot dictate rules of behaviour and expect it to work for all.

As in the real world, if something upsets you and you cannot change it, look away. If you cannot help but get triggered then this is an issue for you (not specifically you but any who have this issue) then get help with it.

Tolerance and acceptance are essential to living harmoniously in this world.

• Words fail me Peter. You have no conception of the effect you have on people.

• People come here for aceptance, inclusion, and to be themselves and those crying for 'sensativity' chase them away. Oh the irony.