This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

This forum

This forum will never be a welcoming place for all until it is properly moderated.

I come back here because I want to make friends and feel supported.  But everytime you return here there are extreme individuals stoking discord and disharmony.

It would be nice if the National Autistic Society would recognise the problem one day.

Parents
  • We need proper moderation in all kinds of ways, on site and off. It woud be nice to have the ability to block some posters who particularly annoy us, but I've seen this on other sites and that in itself causes problems.

I think the biggest problem is that people on here and in other places are both incapable of agreeing to disagree and seemingly unwilling or incapable of putting a proper argument/case across and descend to dog whistles, name calling and other sorts of pointless nastiness.

There are plenty of threads that are non aggressive, just about normal stuff, if you can't cope with th argumentative stuff, then don't go on those threads. Some of us like politics and other subjects others may find contravercial, boring or distressing. One of the things that really annoys me about online sites, is that things get moderated to the point where you can't actually say anything in case someone gets offended. I think it also does autistic people a disservice to think that, just like the rest of the population we can't have a variety of views.

• it kinda is moderated that much though...

and there are very certain things the mods are sensitive about and instant shut you down and silence you for a month over...

just type... "palestine" ... anywhere.... and your banned for a month lol of which i am aware of and dont care as i think thats ridiculous aso i still do it myself.

• it kinda is moderated that much though...

and there are very certain things the mods are sensitive about and instant shut you down and silence you for a month over...

just type... "palestine" ... anywhere.... and your banned for a month lol of which i am aware of and dont care as i think thats ridiculous aso i still do it myself.

Children
No Data