Mental Health First Aid

I have been told by my HR manager at work that I have to train as a mental health first aider because I am a manager of staff.

Has anyone had to do the course? I looked at what is included and think as a neurodivergent person I am going to be the best person to do this course. 

Parents
  • While I agree, that empathy is a useful skill for this role and you may struggle with it. I wouldn't let that put you off the course, because the course, if run well, will give you concrete signs to look for, rather than relying on the rather inefficient 'feeling off' that empathy requires.

So I'd do the course, but explain your concern, perhaps a suggestion is that someone else on the team is also trained so it's not just on you? Which should be the case ideally anyway.

• While I agree, that empathy is a useful skill for this role and you may struggle with it. I wouldn't let that put you off the course, because the course, if run well, will give you concrete signs to look for, rather than relying on the rather inefficient 'feeling off' that empathy requires.

So I'd do the course, but explain your concern, perhaps a suggestion is that someone else on the team is also trained so it's not just on you? Which should be the case ideally anyway.

Children
No Data