Stress related flu like symptoms

Has anyone else  experienced stress related flu like symptoms? I experienced them quite a lot before moving to be near my daughter. I've not experienced them since moving. I can still get stressed but not to a level where I have a flu like reaction.

Parents
  • Has anyone else  experienced stress related flu like symptoms?

This is very common.

It happens because when you are stressed then the adrenaline released causes your immune system to shut down and this allows opportunistic viruses like colds and the flu to get in.

Sometimes it is just an allergy that is flaring up (lots of dust associated with moving houses or chemicals from new paint etc) and your symptoms are just this.

Teaching yourself ways to bring anxiety down are incredibly useful whether through exercise, sex, mindfulness or meditation are likely to yield positive results.

All in my opinion of course.

• Has anyone else  experienced stress related flu like symptoms?

This is very common.

It happens because when you are stressed then the adrenaline released causes your immune system to shut down and this allows opportunistic viruses like colds and the flu to get in.

Sometimes it is just an allergy that is flaring up (lots of dust associated with moving houses or chemicals from new paint etc) and your symptoms are just this.

Teaching yourself ways to bring anxiety down are incredibly useful whether through exercise, sex, mindfulness or meditation are likely to yield positive results.

All in my opinion of course.

Children
No Data