Anxious State

For several days I have been experiencing increased anxiety and am wondering whether it is permanent or temporary. I hope I have written enough to catalyze a discussion on the aforementioned topic. If I have not, I am sorry, but I struggle to convert my thoughts to words accurately.

Parents
  • I just wanted to check in on you as I noticed the desperation in your posts and hope that you are taking small steps and each moment as opposed to thinking (this is forever) which is understandable given the time you've been suffering.  I do understand it's beyond tough to see anyway through when the predominant feelings are hugely intense.  I can only speak for how it's felt for me and to relate that to how I think you must be feeling.  I find that my Anxiety improves when I do the following, I hope you see this or find something that tides you over as it's awful having to cope internally when everyone else seems to have it together.  Trust me, they don't and are probably struggling inside too.  Here's what helps me:

1. Phoning samaritans even if I am unable to talk and just cry as they really try to be there for you.
    2. Making sure I am looking after the very basics of myself - Eating well, drinking plenty and having a good sleep routine.
    3. Trying to make sure i move as much as is possible and on better days try to exercise even though I find it tough.  Small steps.
    4. Avoiding processed foods with high sugar.  I eat fruits to curb that craving.
    5. Remind myself of the achievements no matter what they are - got out of bed and read a book, called samaritans.  These are things to be proud of because I've achieved them for me.
    6. Posting on here is "real life" feels too much.
    7. Talking out loud if posting here takes too much energy.
    8. Having a quiet day where you don't talk much to conserve energy.
    9. Having a snuggle with a pet.
    10. Listening to music and having a dance or rock.
    11. Stim stim stim. It helps me so much and is a form of exercise. :-)

I hope that you are able to find some solace in your own way.  I have more strategies but didn't want to overwhelm you or this site because I know you're struggling.  Sending hugs.

• Hello Tree Spirit, Thank you for reaching out to me and sharing that! I would like to say more about your post, but cannot. My head is very heavy and empty. I am putting one foot in front of another hoping I am edging closer to the help and support I desperately need not closer to the end. I am on the floor of the ring and my white flag is up. Thank you for all of the personal experiences and kind words you and many others have shared with me.

• Hello Tree Spirit, Thank you for reaching out to me and sharing that! I would like to say more about your post, but cannot. My head is very heavy and empty. I am putting one foot in front of another hoping I am edging closer to the help and support I desperately need not closer to the end. I am on the floor of the ring and my white flag is up. Thank you for all of the personal experiences and kind words you and many others have shared with me.

Children
No Data