Anxious State

For several days I have been experiencing increased anxiety and am wondering whether it is permanent or temporary. I hope I have written enough to catalyze a discussion on the aforementioned topic. If I have not, I am sorry, but I struggle to convert my thoughts to words accurately.

Parents
  • Hi there. That’s a shame but you’re not alone here all us autistic people seem to struggle with anxiety too. I also struggle in busy social situations. I clam up and feel like screaming sometimes. As I have gotten older my anxiety has dissipated quite a bit. I don’t feel as anxious anymore as I used to. That seems to be quite common in autistic people though that anxiety naturally gets better as you get older. As you get older your GABA levels increase naturally and greatly. Risk of seizures in autistic people peeks in puberty and risk of seizures greatly decreases past 18 years old and progressively decreases at even older ages. 

• Thank you Yellow tree 118! I appreciate your kind words more than you could possibly understand. It is rather odd, but I feel like I am standing on the edge of a cliff and I can feel the presence of you and many others on here behind me. But I am struggling really struggling. I only ask for freedom for a moment just a moment. I have been feeling like this for far too long now and the end appears to be years maybe decades away which is far too long for me to wait.

• Thank you Yellow tree 118! I appreciate your kind words more than you could possibly understand. It is rather odd, but I feel like I am standing on the edge of a cliff and I can feel the presence of you and many others on here behind me. But I am struggling really struggling. I only ask for freedom for a moment just a moment. I have been feeling like this for far too long now and the end appears to be years maybe decades away which is far too long for me to wait.

Children
  • I felt the exact same as how your describing when I was 16-18 that age. I mean I don’t know what age you are you don’t need to tell me either but I would guess you must be quite young. So just hang in there buddy life gets better I know you want to feel better now but just be nice to yourself and be patient with your life. Make a plan for your future etc go out for walks and stuff. I’m glad I could help. We are all on here anyway to give each other advice.