Stupid Comments

Just a quick one my Dad phoned me over the weekend have a difficult relationship anyway with him, but he made the comment you will have less bother if you tone down your autistic behaviour.

The funny thing is he has more mental health conditions than me and expects sympathy.

If you are ND my understudying is unless you mask and go around like you have been lobotomised this is not possible and in fact is poor for my long term health.

Your comments would be appreciated I also have anxiety and OCD and do take medication for these conditions to help alleviate the storms.

Thanks and good night

Parents
  • His comment doesn't make sense to me, so I would laugh it off (if that would not annoy him) or just ignore it. Does not compute. That's like asking a red-head to tone down the intensity of their red hair (I love red hair so please don't take offence any beautiful red-haired people out there!).

I am realising how much the world needs educated on autism since my recent diagnosis, I have learned a lot that I was ignorant of.

Also I'm at the age now where I'd respond to a comment like that, to 'dial it up' and be more natural.

• you are so true I am going to be less embarrassed about Stimming which helps me so much.

Thanks again

Reply Children
No Data