Stupid Comments

Just a quick one my Dad phoned me over the weekend have a difficult relationship anyway with him, but he made the comment you will have less bother if you tone down your autistic behaviour.

The funny thing is he has more mental health conditions than me and expects sympathy.

If you are ND my understudying is unless you mask and go around like you have been lobotomised this is not possible and in fact is poor for my long term health.

Your comments would be appreciated I also have anxiety and OCD and do take medication for these conditions to help alleviate the storms.

Thanks and good night

Parents
  • I have never heard something so crazy. You can’t ‘tone down’ autistic behaviour. What does that mean? I don’t what autistic behaviour is. Aren’t you just behaving as yourself rather than it having anything to do with autism? I behave well but that’s because I am well behaved not because I am autistically behaved. Sorry this one kind of threw me off I’ve never heard autism being spoken about in this way before.

• thanks so much I am having a long break from my Dad he has never been there for me all my life you are so kind

Reply Children
No Data