Shopping Addiction

Has anyone here been able to overcome a shopping addiction and if so how please?

Parents
  • If you think you have an addiction then the most effective way to manage it is with a support group and sponsor.

Addiction are incredibly hard to get on top of and it takes support to do this - we tend to be too weak to overcome that inner drive.

I've worked with groups who help addicts and the process to get it under control can be challenging and certainly not one that can be packaged into a few paragraphs on a discussion forum.

I would suggest starting with the following charity link and get speaking to others who share your addiction and are actively managing it. There is a wealth of experience to draw on there and often more seasoned recovering addicts who can be your sponsor to teach you the ropes and help you pick up the pieces when you stumble.

https://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/memberarticles/how-to-recognise-and-recover-from-shopping-addiction

You have taken the most difficult step of reaching out now keep the momentum going.

If this is for you, good luck. It was a brave thing you did.

• I see the website yoy are recommending is pushing poeple towards paying for rehab.  Was it your intention to promote commercial organisations?  

• I see the website yoy are recommending is pushing poeple towards paying for rehab.  Was it your intention to promote commercial organisations?  

No  - I saw it was a .ORG site which is supposed to be for non-profit organisations. My apologies for not researching it fully.

I have replaced the link to another .ORG.UK site that looks to be legitimate.

I'm frankly surprised at how many links to what should be charities are commercial organisations in disguise, pushing rehab (you need to pay of course) as the solution.

No  - I saw it was a .ORG site which is supposed to be for non-profit organisations. My apologies for not researching it fully.

I have replaced the link to another .ORG.UK site that looks to be legitimate.

I'm frankly surprised at how many links to what should be charities are commercial organisations in disguise, pushing rehab (you need to pay of course) as the solution.

Children
No Data