Sound sensitivity

Hi everyone, 

I am a late-diagnosed autistic person and have noticed my sensitivity to noise fluctuates. The other day I found myself having to put in the loop ear plugs at home because the sound of my family talking became suddenly upsetting. Does that happen to you? Do you see your sensory sensitivities fluctuate?

Thank you!

Parents
  • Hi Libb I have always struggled with auditory spd the most. As a child it was more prevelant when I was doing my maths homework, I couldn't even be in the same room as someone as the breathing would be enough to tip me over the edge. Now as an adult I find it gets worse when a meltdown is on the way, if I'm coming down with something or I'm more tired that day. And also when I'm due on and during my period. 

Is there anyway of maybe your family leaving you in the house alone for the day when your feeling like this? My flat mate use to go home for the week and leave me in isolation and it was the best thing ever.

• Hi Libb I have always struggled with auditory spd the most. As a child it was more prevelant when I was doing my maths homework, I couldn't even be in the same room as someone as the breathing would be enough to tip me over the edge. Now as an adult I find it gets worse when a meltdown is on the way, if I'm coming down with something or I'm more tired that day. And also when I'm due on and during my period. 

Is there anyway of maybe your family leaving you in the house alone for the day when your feeling like this? My flat mate use to go home for the week and leave me in isolation and it was the best thing ever.

Children
No Data