I want life to stop

Lights, sounds, smells, everything is extra intolerable lately. I cant seem to make myself do stuff, I cant make decisions. I feel tired and am getting headaches. Words are harder. I keep almost having meltdown/shutdowns (just today I felt like a meltdown every 30min). Im exhausted 

I want it all to stop, I want to take a break from everything but I cant. I have homework, I have school, on friday we have an assembly which I always get overwhelmed at but im scared ill have a full on meltdown because I seem to not even be able to handle everyday stimuli so how could I survive a room with hundreds of students with everyone screaming to get hyped for stupid turnabout dance 

I started feeling like rubbish for a couple weeks but then the last 3 days have been absolutly unbearable. Why is life so hard

Took me 21min to type this (not even that long of a post...)

Parents
  • How did you survive assembly? I hope you have noise canceling headphones or ear plugs.

• I didnt have ear plugs (meant to buy some but I dont have money at the moment Slight smile). I just shutdown in assembly so not ideal but at least I didnt meltdown 

Does anyone have good ear plug recommendations by the way? Ive heard people mention Loops but I watched abunch of videos and some people say they are uncomfortable and dont work so Idk if I should get them

• I found loops did not work for me as my ears are misshapen. I use big, over the ear, BOSE noise canceling headphones I hang around my neck and have handy. I have hearing aids now so I have to use this sort of thing.

As for ear plugs, which I use at night, I recommend ear putty. It's silicon and molds around the outside of the ear and blocks up to 90% of noise! It's terrific. and one can regulate to let a little noise in by loosening the fit. This is what I uesd before they gave me the hearing aids. There are pictures of how it works.

https://www.amazon.com/Macks-Pillow-Soft-Silicone-Earplugs/dp/B07G1MWHNR

This is not a plug (teehee) for the company, but "macks" are the best.

• So pleased you like them Thumbsup I hope you're ok and feeling a bit more positive?

• I can turn them off. Ive tried a number of options and the BOSE and the hearing aids together are perfect. I'm old enough no one cares. when I go to a movie it's a bit of bother, though, before I would put in the ear putty with a tiny gap, but Ive lost so much in the vocal range everyone sounds like the adults in a Peanuts cartoon, so I'm' still experimenting with the theater environment. I may check into if the theater has bluetooth.

At night the putty works just fine. My ears are funny shapes so the Loops I tried a year ago didn't work.  

• Couldnt you just take out your hearing aid when you want to stop hearing?

Reply Children
  • I can turn them off. Ive tried a number of options and the BOSE and the hearing aids together are perfect. I'm old enough no one cares. when I go to a movie it's a bit of bother, though, before I would put in the ear putty with a tiny gap, but Ive lost so much in the vocal range everyone sounds like the adults in a Peanuts cartoon, so I'm' still experimenting with the theater environment. I may check into if the theater has bluetooth.

At night the putty works just fine. My ears are funny shapes so the Loops I tried a year ago didn't work.