Don't waste spoons on people that ask for your advice but don't want it.

There is a behaviour that happens on this forum and it is worse than trolling because the poster may or may not be genuine, and you care about them but then no matter what you suggest to try help them they won't accept it. They might as well preface their original post with "whatever you say I have accepted my fate and it is bad, it just sucks to be autistic, you should feel bad too" and have it over with.
That may not be their intention, but we know intention counts for nothing compared to the result. So here it is the lesson learned today, don't wast your energy trying to help those that don't want to be helped. Yes you are right to care, yes you are right to be confused but you need to recognise the cut off point.
You cannot save a drowning man by reaching out to him if he won't reach back. For our own sakes as autistic people we need to maintain our own emotional energy, and self preservation is not selfish.
Yes there was a specific incident that set off the need to post this, but it's not just about one person, there are others who have and will come in here and engage in this behavior. And whether they mean to or not it harms the community here because it creates the same effect as  feeding-the-doom-trolls-comes-at-a-cost and takes it's toll on our collective mental health.
It's great to care, I wish more people cared, but please keep yourselves safe and healthy first.

Parents
  • Maybe the "thoughtful advice" you are giving is total rubbish, and the recipient does not want to argue with somebody unable to understand the problem?

• You crossed a line earlier from simply expressing your frustration and annoyance, (which I understand very well thank you!) to attempting to interfere in me helping someone find information a possible alternative and effective treatment for a life threatening condition.   

From this side of the screen you look like a thoroughly miserable and unpleasantly pathetic person. 

Like me in my twenties. 

Snap out of it, or you'll end up living a truly nasty life.

• From this side of the screen you look like a thoroughly miserable and unpleasantly pathetic person

That is uncalled for.

You do realise this forum is for people on the spectrum who have a wildly variying way of looking at the world, interacting with their emotions and interacting socially, don't you?

You've been there so you probably realise that being nasty to someone is not going to help them reassess things or want to change.

Also telling them to snap out of it shows a lack of understanding of how the autistic mind works.

I expected better from you I Sperg.

• Probably Spergy is accustomed to speak like that to the support worker that comes to his council house to check on him. Poor worker, I feel sorry for them!

I feel very sorry for anyone who has to relate to you in real life Troll.

You debase this forum with your nasty aggressive trolling.

As you seem to be the one who is constantly mocking others who you assume to not have jobs, why don't you go back to your own job - haven't you got anything better to do than this cr*p.

This is you all over the forum:

https://www.endsleigh.co.uk/blog/post/what-is-internet-trolling/

And this is your portrait:

Reply Children
No Data