Let off steam in here thread.

Do you get  angry?  I get angry.  A "friend" of mine is making me angry today.  If you get angry then this is  the thread to let off steam.  All those irritating NT's winding you up.  You'd like to bury them in a shallow grave wouldn't you?  *Hold on there is someone at the door*

*Sound of man being dragged away by White Coated individuals*

Parents
  • I currently find myself in a situation of wanting to have a jolly good vent, but almost feeling too mentally drained to do so. Very much a case of thinking, "Please shoot me now!"

A phone call from my mother, lasting almost an hour has been responsible for me now wanting to let out an exasperated scream. I have mentioned before on the forums that whilst my mother probably uses technological gadgets more frequently than me, she is (in my opinion) the last person on the planet that should use them. If more than a day passes without her experiencing some kind of problem with her laptop, smartphone, and sometimes her TV, it's an absolute flipping miracle.

One of today's issues was that my mother had signed into her BBC account and noticed that the last time it had been updated was back in 2021. At least I think that is what she had said. My response was to tell my mother that unless she had cause to amend any of her account details (i.e. e-mail address, password, etc), I did not feel this was something she needed to worry about.

Initially, I had begrudgingly offered to pop over to my mother's house to take a look, but then she started rabbiting on about this, that, and the other... Generally, things that were unrelated, and were of little interest to me. I let her ramble on, although made it clear that my brain felt exhausted. I had probably contributed no more than about 2 minutes of speech to that lengthy telephone conversation. However, when my mother finally started to bring that phone call to an end, she made it sound (not for the first time) as though I had been the one doing most of the talking. Not helping matters was when she asked if I was still intending to pop over to her house, as she felt like we had just been going around in circles. Face palm

• For a bit of PRACTICAL help dealing with this problem, read the book I keep recommending. 

You will see her actions and your reactions to them in a different light, and will get "options for change" if that is what you truly desire.

But none of that takes away form my extending the deepest sympathy for your having to put up with that crap, especially lacking the tools to turn the situation to your mutual advantage...

You are indeed bright, young Sparkly, and I feel sure that once you understand how that "transaction" works, what is behind your mums quizzical behaviour, and have a few ways to deal with it, you can as I do with many situations, find a way to get a small "gift" rather than "annoyance" from your mums need to "transact". 

I appreciate you might just want to let off steam, but if you wanted some help, there it is.   

• For a bit of PRACTICAL help dealing with this problem, read the book I keep recommending. 

You will see her actions and your reactions to them in a different light, and will get "options for change" if that is what you truly desire.

But none of that takes away form my extending the deepest sympathy for your having to put up with that crap, especially lacking the tools to turn the situation to your mutual advantage...

You are indeed bright, young Sparkly, and I feel sure that once you understand how that "transaction" works, what is behind your mums quizzical behaviour, and have a few ways to deal with it, you can as I do with many situations, find a way to get a small "gift" rather than "annoyance" from your mums need to "transact". 

I appreciate you might just want to let off steam, but if you wanted some help, there it is.   

Children