Losing a close friend.

Like most people with AS, growing up without friends is something we all know and understand. I think that’s why we value any type of friendships we have.

Lately, a friend has become very distant. And I’ve tired to talk to him about it and see what’s happening and he won’t tell me, he’ll ignore the questions. 
it’s triggered my depression a lot. He’s basically my only friend and I can’t go through losing another friend.

im scared. Because when it happens I know it’s going to be the worst breakdown of my life. He’s such a good friend but he’s changed alot. I feel like I’ve already lost him.

I look at pictures of us from a year ago and I feel like he died. I actually feel like he’s dead and never coming back.

I don’t know what to do anymore. I’ve tried making new friends and it just never works out for me. 

Parents
  • Hi

We don’t know what your friendship was like, or what has changed recently. All I wanted to say was, try not to think that you did anything wrong, and secondly, know that friendships, like relationships are not always meant to be forever. Some things come to end of their life naturally, and no one is to blame.

I know it isn’t easy, as I’ve experienced it a few times over my 49 years. But I would try not to dwell on it, and try to keep yourself busy. You never know, your friend might just need a break….

• Hi

We don’t know what your friendship was like, or what has changed recently. All I wanted to say was, try not to think that you did anything wrong, and secondly, know that friendships, like relationships are not always meant to be forever. Some things come to end of their life naturally, and no one is to blame.

I know it isn’t easy, as I’ve experienced it a few times over my 49 years. But I would try not to dwell on it, and try to keep yourself busy. You never know, your friend might just need a break….

Children
No Data