I haven't been able to cry in a long time.

Hi

It's been a long time since I could easily cry, life got harder and really messed up, and I've been through allot. So many things that hurt so much I wish I could cry and I can't even. I don't really know what to do and I feel like I'm going to just snap one day. My mental health is pretty poor but I still do whatever I can to survive and try to succeed. Nomatter what, something big or fucked up happens that sets me back. Id visit a hospital but can't afford to miss work, I really need help and it feels like I'll never get it. This isn't a cry for help I just really badly need to let this out. I'm getting sick of constant suffering

• It's been about 44 years since i last cried.  I don't remember why I stopped, but for some reason i did.  Same with general emotion, I cut it off and embraced something more akin to Mr Spock level emotions.  But you can't hold everything in, indefinitely.  I have venting processes that allow me time to release emotions at a time that is better for me.  But crying, I have tried to do over the years and I think that one is likely gone for good.

• You ever notice how "F"U"C"K" is such a universal term that it can be literally anything?

As big as ***. As small as ***. As blue as ***. As itchy as ***. As old as ***.

Etc etc.

• When I hit puberty I had much the same. 

As a child I cried a lot. Childhood was hard but then my teens came and I haven't cried since.

I feel like I want to a cry nearly every day but I can never make it happen.

It's an overwhelming feeling and at times really hard to deal with.

Are things better for you now ? Sends hugs.

• The paradox is that you can only cry when you are comfortable and safe. If things are so tough for you, then you won't be able to cry.

Maybe try reading the news and cut some onions.

• How did you manage to type "fucked up" and have it appear?

Edit: It appears I can, too!  I'm sure this site used to censor bad language.

TEST: *** *** fart *** piss

• I'm assuming this is an autistic thing reading everyone's experiences with it.

It's something I've had all my life so far. I feel sad, sometimes insanely sad and feel as if I need to have a long hard cry. But it never comes - no tears, just overwhelming sadness that I can't get rid of it. I've had this all my life and today, after attempting to make small talk and failing miserably because of my anxiety and difficulty with speaking I feel sad and like I want to cry but I'm frustrated because I can't cry.

Sometimes I feel like a robot. I wish I had better understanding and control of my emotions.

• Aw bless you, that must have been a lot to have to deal with. Hope you're feeling a bit better now dawn.

Em x

• Been through that one. I'm not sure whether my hormones as I hit menopause or a trauma I went through at the same time caused it, or maybe a bit of both.

The only answer I found was time. I hit burn out and now my positive emotions are drifting back, slowly. 

It's horrible. But this will pass.

• Your mind has a self protection mechanism which protects itself from pain. Basically you are an observer in your own body. Dont fight it because it brings on nasty symptoms mentally. Remember, you WILL be ok. I promise.

• You know, I do this too, when a serious problem hits me and there are objective reasons for crying, I don't cry, I can't. But then, when everything is solved or solutions are found, I cry like a dam bursts, and I cry everything out at once.

• Both my son and I have been struggling a lot with our mental health in the last few months - I’ve cried a lot and my son says he can’t seem to cry. We’ve been wondering if it’s a gender thing partly. Are you make or female (sorry if that seems like too personal a question - don’t answer if you don’t want to!). 

• Hi

Have you thought of trying this https://www.betterhelp.com

A friend with autism / PDA finds them extremely helpful