Employment

Hello, I’m just reaching out to see how everyone is surviving monetarily. I have never been able to keep a job more than a year and a half (not including my part time employment at my first job which was Toys R Us. It was my favorite job by far because it was so repetitive and if I became overwhelmed I always had back up). I’m now 31 and since that time I have had I don’t even know how many different jobs. I have my bachelors in early childhood Ed and special education but could only teach about a year. Ive worked in Sales, leasing, advising (work from home) but I ALWAYS burn out. I break down, can’t do anything and then find another place to work. I was finally diagnosed with ASD After I had a really bad breakdown leaving my leasing job. I was out of my job for a few months and now am in even more debt that I was from getting loans for my bachelors degree. I want to do something without time constraints, away from most people and most importantly without comparison to others. Most of my jobs involve being compared to others and I never do well. I used to be able to mask previous to the last burn out but I feel like I’ve lost this capability. This is really causing me a lot of trouble on top of the normal issues. What does everyone here do? Do you have any suggestions?

Parents
  • Wave  Hi, all my jobs have been long term,. 6yrs, 8yrs and current is 10yrs.. I’m a machine setter but known as a operator in current job. I love engineering and now have my own machine in work.. 8 - 4:30 mon - friday. I goto work for a holiday from life and would work for free if I need too (dog kennels for example) 

• Wave  Hi, all my jobs have been long term,. 6yrs, 8yrs and current is 10yrs.. I’m a machine setter but known as a operator in current job. I love engineering and now have my own machine in work.. 8 - 4:30 mon - friday. I goto work for a holiday from life and would work for free if I need too (dog kennels for example) 

Children