Mental health team stress

I have a meeting with my mental health team next week. I wanted a telephone appointment but apparently they have to see me, not happy about that at all. In person I lose it real fast and I don't act like the real me. It's to easy to lose control, to let myself freak out. When that happens I can be real cold and aggressive and if I feel threatened which I sometimes do then I may make threats or try to run away. 

I don't know what it is with mental health people but with me there always trying to push me in to a corner and asking questions they know I find hard and painful to answer. They just don't understand asd and make everything worse. I really wish they'd just do the phonecall appointment, they know I'm no good in person.

Sucks.

• You can overcome your mental stress. I relate, that feeling is so swallowing and it’s like a dark chockhold. But your life is worth living. You would be missed. I hope as well your medication positively affects your life. I have minor tips I’d like to give you:

• Meditation helps with being present and processing our thoughts

• Take time to do something even when you’re low sometimes helps, such as taking a walk or exercise ik it’s so typical to hear put those small moments that feel accomplishing or r distract us matter

• Write down affirmations and something that you’re thankful for each day

• Reflect on how you’ve grown or moments where you feel joy

• Lesson to frequency music

• There’s also apps that are specifically for mental health. They have collection of exercises/activities to do when stressed, music,

• Hi , thank you for sharing with the online community. I am sorry to hear that you're going through a challenging time with your mental health team.

If you feel that you might need some different support with your mental health, you can find advice and information on how to go about seeking alternative help, including links to other resources and details of helplines and listening support services, here: https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/mental-health/seeking-help. 

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Anna Mod