hello reaching out for first time

i am new, i strongly suspect that i have autism my brother was dianosed with autism at age 7.  I was brushed off told back in the 1980s that i was 'bright as a button' by teachers had problems with social interaction, sensory overload, poor co ordination obsession with drawing bullied. My brother has learning difficulties which i do not have so everybody quickly realised someting was wrong but it still took him 2 years of many tests and assesments to get a diagnosis. My mother and father are lovely people as well as  my brother, i have decided not to pursue diagnostic procedure my father is ill and my main focus is we are waiting for urgent test results.  My brother has a deprivation of liberty applied for safty reasons and i keep safe.  So also unwilling to place myself in a room with psychiatrists anyway, i have lost many years under thier 'care' in the past. Being medicated forcibly for bipolar which obvously helped all genuine bi polar patients but left me incapacitated completely. 5 years. Sun is shining beautiful sunday morning and i am angry. 

I am no longer under a mental heath team they feel it is no longer required thank God.  

Is there anyone here who has recovered from alcoholim ? To find that their autism gets more noticable? This has happened twice . I have been sober for 6 months.

I have given up smoking.  Sending out best wishes to everyone will be very busy as my brother is visiting. Whatever i feel , he feels magnified by at least 15 in terms of symtoms. Will pray to be to tolerent and kind.  

• Thank you for your reply mael , things are already starting to get better now that i am part of a community.  I wish you and your family a nice sunday evening, meant alot to me to hear from you. TakSlight smilecare Slight smile 

• Hello  I think that was a common thing back in the 80's ,my brothers needs overshadowed mine because of his low iq and behaviour. I  always liked him and could relate ,but i was always scared of him as well . I think there have been so many people who have been taken down the wrong diagnoses route ,i suppose it is hard for one professional to stand up and say the last ones got it all wrong . hope things start getting better for you .

• Thank you Sarah for welcoming me I wish you a good Sunday too and everyone else here happy sunday Blush 

• Heya and welcome to the community!

Glad you were able to express what you are going through here - no need to appologise! I'm happy to read your second comment where you say you are feeling better - Gratitude is a wonderful place to find peace Slight smile

I hope you enjoy the rest of this Sunday

Best wishes,

SarahMod 

• I will Go Back on to alcoholics anonymous later.  Resentment is a dangerous place i will be focusing on gratitude, i have acheived alot this morning since posting in terms of housework and will be glad of what i can do and let go of the past. It was a very angry introduction and apologies