hello reaching out for first time

i am new, i strongly suspect that i have autism my brother was dianosed with autism at age 7.  I was brushed off told back in the 1980s that i was 'bright as a button' by teachers had problems with social interaction, sensory overload, poor co ordination obsession with drawing bullied. My brother has learning difficulties which i do not have so everybody quickly realised someting was wrong but it still took him 2 years of many tests and assesments to get a diagnosis. My mother and father are lovely people as well as  my brother, i have decided not to pursue diagnostic procedure my father is ill and my main focus is we are waiting for urgent test results.  My brother has a deprivation of liberty applied for safty reasons and i keep safe.  So also unwilling to place myself in a room with psychiatrists anyway, i have lost many years under thier 'care' in the past. Being medicated forcibly for bipolar which obvously helped all genuine bi polar patients but left me incapacitated completely. 5 years. Sun is shining beautiful sunday morning and i am angry. 

I am no longer under a mental heath team they feel it is no longer required thank God.  

Is there anyone here who has recovered from alcoholim ? To find that their autism gets more noticable? This has happened twice . I have been sober for 6 months.

I have given up smoking.  Sending out best wishes to everyone will be very busy as my brother is visiting. Whatever i feel , he feels magnified by at least 15 in terms of symtoms. Will pray to be to tolerent and kind.  

Parents
  • Heya and welcome to the community!

Glad you were able to express what you are going through here - no need to appologise! I'm happy to read your second comment where you say you are feeling better - Gratitude is a wonderful place to find peace Slight smile

I hope you enjoy the rest of this Sunday

Best wishes,

SarahMod 

• Heya and welcome to the community!

Glad you were able to express what you are going through here - no need to appologise! I'm happy to read your second comment where you say you are feeling better - Gratitude is a wonderful place to find peace Slight smile

I hope you enjoy the rest of this Sunday

Best wishes,

SarahMod 

Children