"ASD" is not a disorder & it certainly isn't a mental illness (most of us know that)-YT Tony Attwood on Greta Thunberg

I don't know much about Greta, except that many young people are starting to take activist roles-probably bc most of us that are older feel 'beat down' to stop many of the corrupt things in this world. I had to post this short video, mostly-for Dr. Tony's response where he laughs when ask, "What do you think about ASD as being called a mental illness." His laugh & response, that it's 'last century thinking.' I JUST LOVE HIM!

Parents
  • Well I think it’s a neurological condition that is characterised by spared-cognition and social-impairment, which means that we display a considerable-deviation from the average neurological configuration, and we for-the-most-part have to use the learning/memorisation abilities that are condition has spared us. It certainly doesn’t have its roots in psychology and cannot be cured, so perhaps that is what Tony means, if he meant we are not at a disadvantage then that is harmful, because it incentivises society to avoid adjusting to our unequal-access to opportunity as a result of our condition.

• Well I think it’s a neurological condition that is characterised by spared-cognition and social-impairment, which means that we display a considerable-deviation from the average neurological configuration, and we for-the-most-part have to use the learning/memorisation abilities that are condition has spared us. It certainly doesn’t have its roots in psychology and cannot be cured, so perhaps that is what Tony means, if he meant we are not at a disadvantage then that is harmful, because it incentivises society to avoid adjusting to our unequal-access to opportunity as a result of our condition.

Children
No Data