"ASD" is not a disorder & it certainly isn't a mental illness (most of us know that)-YT Tony Attwood on Greta Thunberg

I don't know much about Greta, except that many young people are starting to take activist roles-probably bc most of us that are older feel 'beat down' to stop many of the corrupt things in this world. I had to post this short video, mostly-for Dr. Tony's response where he laughs when ask, "What do you think about ASD as being called a mental illness." His laugh & response, that it's 'last century thinking.' I JUST LOVE HIM!

Parents
  • The acid test will be DSM-6, which I hear is on the stocks. The advent of NeuroDivergence gives them scope, as we desperately need headway away from the one size fits all currently happening. So little is known about high-functionality! We're seeing new syndromes revealed, high-sensitivity, for example, although the texts don't go anywhere near far enough in gamut. What we really need is some critical thinking from all, unpacking the diagnoses, in the way I rabbit on about the communications issues and obsession being subjective, simple discrimination from NTs. Daring to question the diagnoses, telling the NT psychologists what being us is really all about. From what I see in Yale's Genius School, they really have very little idea indeed - which is hardly surprising, given the thinking's rarely more than a year old. Sure, the diagnosis goes back to WWII, but it was pure symptomatics, no in-depth understanding. They've only just started asking us for our input: don't forget what a rare bird Temple Gradin was thirty years ago, daring to tell them. They're still brainsplaining now, though.

• The acid test will be DSM-6, which I hear is on the stocks. The advent of NeuroDivergence gives them scope, as we desperately need headway away from the one size fits all currently happening. So little is known about high-functionality! We're seeing new syndromes revealed, high-sensitivity, for example, although the texts don't go anywhere near far enough in gamut. What we really need is some critical thinking from all, unpacking the diagnoses, in the way I rabbit on about the communications issues and obsession being subjective, simple discrimination from NTs. Daring to question the diagnoses, telling the NT psychologists what being us is really all about. From what I see in Yale's Genius School, they really have very little idea indeed - which is hardly surprising, given the thinking's rarely more than a year old. Sure, the diagnosis goes back to WWII, but it was pure symptomatics, no in-depth understanding. They've only just started asking us for our input: don't forget what a rare bird Temple Gradin was thirty years ago, daring to tell them. They're still brainsplaining now, though.

Children
No Data