"ASD" is not a disorder & it certainly isn't a mental illness (most of us know that)-YT Tony Attwood on Greta Thunberg

I don't know much about Greta, except that many young people are starting to take activist roles-probably bc most of us that are older feel 'beat down' to stop many of the corrupt things in this world. I had to post this short video, mostly-for Dr. Tony's response where he laughs when ask, "What do you think about ASD as being called a mental illness." His laugh & response, that it's 'last century thinking.' I JUST LOVE HIM!

Parents
  • I don't. His shifting the goalposts has me repulsed: he should withdraw the High-functioning diagnosis if he doesn't know what he's talking about. My communications issues are because Neurotypicals lack the brain capacity to follow. My obsessiveness is because it takes a lot of work to construct new thinking many times the size they're used to. They're not used to that much focus that long. So no, I'm not disordered, how dare he say I am? I've a top IQ and a decent share of a Nobel Prize to back it. Does he?

Greta's IQ would have been marked against mine. She complains she had no childhood, she had her nose in books trying to make sense of this crazy world. Too much detail, not enough structure, for a generalist: you may know everything about nothing, Mr Expert, some of us want to know enough about everything (starting from recognising we know next to nothing about the entire ontological gamut) to be able to judge who's full of BS. Generally, it requires coherent corroborated in-depth studies: in six years searching, the first common sense has only been started in the last year.Yale only started it's Genius school last year, 2020, and even there, Craig Wright's feeling his way.

So perhaps he's hearing my scorn. I don't think differently, I think more, and I have some weird traits too, reflecting my right-brain usage. However, in the case of that entire school of prejudiced know-it-alls, from Asperger to Dabrowski to Attwood and co, accept we're born bright, school us accordingly, and stop trying to drive us crazy through isolation. Don't mark us to Neurotypical norms, we're neurodivergent and those norms don't apply. Let's play the Two Ronnies and Cleese Class Distinction game. Me, IQ 153/4. Norman Normal, IQ 104. Simple Simon, marginally incompetent, 70. 153/104 = 104/70. Or more plainly, how Norman sees Simon is how I experience him. Thankfully for Norman, few are duller than Simon. Sadly for me, half of humanity are duller than him. They can't stick me as a result. I'm not interested in their reliance on the media telling them what to believe, instead of thinking for themselves. You know the kind of thing, "10 things you need to know about..." Mindless support for celebrity for the sake of celebrity. 

• I don't. His shifting the goalposts has me repulsed: he should withdraw the High-functioning diagnosis if he doesn't know what he's talking about. My communications issues are because Neurotypicals lack the brain capacity to follow. My obsessiveness is because it takes a lot of work to construct new thinking many times the size they're used to. They're not used to that much focus that long. So no, I'm not disordered, how dare he say I am? I've a top IQ and a decent share of a Nobel Prize to back it. Does he?

Greta's IQ would have been marked against mine. She complains she had no childhood, she had her nose in books trying to make sense of this crazy world. Too much detail, not enough structure, for a generalist: you may know everything about nothing, Mr Expert, some of us want to know enough about everything (starting from recognising we know next to nothing about the entire ontological gamut) to be able to judge who's full of BS. Generally, it requires coherent corroborated in-depth studies: in six years searching, the first common sense has only been started in the last year.Yale only started it's Genius school last year, 2020, and even there, Craig Wright's feeling his way.

So perhaps he's hearing my scorn. I don't think differently, I think more, and I have some weird traits too, reflecting my right-brain usage. However, in the case of that entire school of prejudiced know-it-alls, from Asperger to Dabrowski to Attwood and co, accept we're born bright, school us accordingly, and stop trying to drive us crazy through isolation. Don't mark us to Neurotypical norms, we're neurodivergent and those norms don't apply. Let's play the Two Ronnies and Cleese Class Distinction game. Me, IQ 153/4. Norman Normal, IQ 104. Simple Simon, marginally incompetent, 70. 153/104 = 104/70. Or more plainly, how Norman sees Simon is how I experience him. Thankfully for Norman, few are duller than Simon. Sadly for me, half of humanity are duller than him. They can't stick me as a result. I'm not interested in their reliance on the media telling them what to believe, instead of thinking for themselves. You know the kind of thing, "10 things you need to know about..." Mindless support for celebrity for the sake of celebrity. 

Children
No Data