"ASD" is not a disorder & it certainly isn't a mental illness (most of us know that)-YT Tony Attwood on Greta Thunberg

I don't know much about Greta, except that many young people are starting to take activist roles-probably bc most of us that are older feel 'beat down' to stop many of the corrupt things in this world. I had to post this short video, mostly-for Dr. Tony's response where he laughs when ask, "What do you think about ASD as being called a mental illness." His laugh & response, that it's 'last century thinking.' I JUST LOVE HIM!

Parents
  • It is already agreed that autism is not a mental illness/disability.

Whether autism is a disorder or not is a topic of ongoing debate in The Neurodiversity Movement in to accepting autism as part of the natural range of human neurological development. 

Seeing neurodivergent people as "Differently-Abled" instead of "Disabled".

• Different wiring--I'm all for this. I am learning through watching Tony Attwood, "It's a difference in perception, thinking, learning & relating." This is exactly how I feel. I also feel NT are 100% lazy when they don't read or listen to anything you've said. They are relying on a spoon fed approach, that I'm 100% not into.

• TheLoneWolf,

If you haven't done so yet, watch some videos or read some books about "neurodiversity". Fortunately some professionals have began to embrace it and see it is possibly the next paradigm shift to inclusion. 

One book I suggest is "The Power of Neurodiversity" by PhD. Thomas Armstrong. He talks about several neurological conditions including autism about the strengths that come with them and how to create environments suitable, and which jobs these conditions can have an advantage of.

• TheLoneWolf,

If you haven't done so yet, watch some videos or read some books about "neurodiversity". Fortunately some professionals have began to embrace it and see it is possibly the next paradigm shift to inclusion. 

One book I suggest is "The Power of Neurodiversity" by PhD. Thomas Armstrong. He talks about several neurological conditions including autism about the strengths that come with them and how to create environments suitable, and which jobs these conditions can have an advantage of.

Children
No Data