"ASD" is not a disorder & it certainly isn't a mental illness (most of us know that)-YT Tony Attwood on Greta Thunberg

I don't know much about Greta, except that many young people are starting to take activist roles-probably bc most of us that are older feel 'beat down' to stop many of the corrupt things in this world. I had to post this short video, mostly-for Dr. Tony's response where he laughs when ask, "What do you think about ASD as being called a mental illness." His laugh & response, that it's 'last century thinking.' I JUST LOVE HIM!

Parents
  • I think Greta is amazing. Her parents are very media savvy and I think they are using their knowledge to enable her to campaign for something she passionately believes in, and she would not do it if she did not want to.

Climate change is a real threat, the science and evidence is undeniable. If an adult male middle-aged non-autistic person said the things Greta says, they would not be attacked for their mental health or ASD status, which are in fact irrelevant to the message.

Just my opinion obviously!

• Because her parents are stake holders in the parent companies that own majority European media. The same parent companies that know own green energy firm who had to switch because they ran out of natural resources to exploit. Of course her parents are media savvy they both actors and her mother is an opera singer and grand father is a director. 

Greta ASD status was weaponised so people would not question what might be going on really. Its miss educated thousands of moronic neuro typicals which has been effecting be negatively since.     

• Blue, I am sorry this has had a bad effect on you. She is lucky to be able.to, use her autistic traits to good effect. She is saying what David Attenborough has been saying for years. However I do understand for.most people autism is not a superpower but a nightmare. Is this what you mean?

When Trump, or the press, dismiss her  on the grounds of her age, her gender, her mental illness or her ASD, they demonstrate the worst side of human nature, which is what autistic people and other minorities have to deal with every day, and imho can make their lives hell. 

has been effecting be negatively since. 
  • Blue, I am sorry this has had a bad effect on you. She is lucky to be able.to, use her autistic traits to good effect. She is saying what David Attenborough has been saying for years. However I do understand for.most people autism is not a superpower but a nightmare. Is this what you mean?

When Trump, or the press, dismiss her  on the grounds of her age, her gender, her mental illness or her ASD, they demonstrate the worst side of human nature, which is what autistic people and other minorities have to deal with every day, and imho can make their lives hell. 

has been effecting be negatively since. 
Children
  • Its because she said autism is a superpower. She not going to have to experience the difficult barriers most of us face because she is extremely wealthy background. its like comparing a poor man to a rich man.  

• Gerty,

Autism doesn't start off as people describe "a superpower", people on the spectrum have to turn autism into I prefer to say "gift" as they'll always be limitations as well as strengths.

I didn't see my autism as a gift when I couldn't control my emotions, meltdowns, overreactions, violence etc. 

Once I overcame all these obstacles and stopped having meltdowns I were able to apply characteristics of autism and it had a big effect on my performance.

What I see as the problem is I imagine most autistic people are not been given equal opportunities to put their talents to use because the public is so busy overlooking us thinking we struggle in all areas.