Do you like to hurt yourself?

I think it's a part of my Autism but I really love to hurt myself. Recently I've been burning my skin with bleach and shining a laser pen into my eye. Pain seems to make everything else feel better. 

Parents
  • I have self harmed in the past, I cut my arm a few times but mainly I would put cigarettes on on my skin. Scars from decades ago are still there. 

I can appreciate why you do it and the se sense of relief it can bring you, and in a strange way it can become an addiction. But as I'm sure you'll be aware it's not healthy and there are better coping mechanisms you can use.

I hope this doesn't come across as judgey because it's not intended that way and I'd be a hypocrite if it was, it's just out of concern that you could do yourself some damage beyond what you intend. 

• I have self harmed in the past, I cut my arm a few times but mainly I would put cigarettes on on my skin. Scars from decades ago are still there. 

I can appreciate why you do it and the se sense of relief it can bring you, and in a strange way it can become an addiction. But as I'm sure you'll be aware it's not healthy and there are better coping mechanisms you can use.

I hope this doesn't come across as judgey because it's not intended that way and I'd be a hypocrite if it was, it's just out of concern that you could do yourself some damage beyond what you intend. 

Children
No Data