My OH has just been diagnosed

Hello all,

I'm a 38 year old woman who would like to connect with other people who have ASD partners. My OH was diagnosed last week. Our relationship has been very strained for at least 18 months (we've been together 7 years) and I'm taking anti depressants. I find it difficult to cope with the stress of being the sole breadwinner/carer. I'm on the brink of moving out and could really do with some support or helpful advice. I'd like to try living separately but still be in a relationship. Has anyone here had similar experiences they could share with me?

Thanks x

Parents
  • Well Ive done 27 years , but last 7 years have been with him in his own place, so separate but still kind of together, needed my space and to be able to breathe, only just realised now what ive lived through and have PTSD from the 5 kids and husband , nervous breakdown and all the weight of living as sole everything ... 

• I think as the Autistic half of our equation, that I will be much happier when I have my own 'autistic space' I could be wrong though, but that is what I see in my head.

Reply Children
No Data