Hello, I'm new

just wanted to say Hi as I registered myself here today. 
Not sure how to start here, but I guess I'll find a lot to read here and possible some advice for me as an adult on the spectrum.

Parents
  • Hello,

I am also new, I am in my 30s, a male! I have read a lot about Asperger's syndrome and I think I have it.

I'm struggling to explain what's going on in my head in words when talking. It is easier for me to do in writing.

I'm avoiding phone calls as much as I can. It is so upsetting that most of companies want to contact them by phone but it is so difficult for me. It is much easier for me to use e-mails, SMS, letters.

I would be interested to find a friend who has similar difficulties.

• Hello,

I am also new, I am in my 30s, a male! I have read a lot about Asperger's syndrome and I think I have it.

I'm struggling to explain what's going on in my head in words when talking. It is easier for me to do in writing.

I'm avoiding phone calls as much as I can. It is so upsetting that most of companies want to contact them by phone but it is so difficult for me. It is much easier for me to use e-mails, SMS, letters.

I would be interested to find a friend who has similar difficulties.

Children
  • Hi California, 

welcome here :) 
    As Daniel said, have a look at the AQ Test and possible talk to your GP about it.

Writing is so much easier for me, I can completely understand you! I don't like chatting to people face to face very much, especially, when I don't know them, or when I am uncomfortable with them.
    I don't like being on the phone, as I pick up every little noise. I often don't understand the person on the other end. When I talk to people I look at their mouth, to see what they say. 

And again I agree with Daniel, nice to meet you here :)

• Hi California.

I am 33 and was diagnosed ASD (Aspergers) this year. Have you looked into approaching a diagnosis? My manager at work encouraged me to do an AQ test, after which I went and spoke to my GP

http://aspergerstest.net/aq-test/

The whole process from start to finish is explained very well on the NAS website:

http://www.autism.org.uk/about/diagnosis/adults.aspx

I find writing easier than talking! If you have any questions the forum is a great place to ask them! There are many people here covering many walks of life!

Its nice to meet you!