Hello!

Good morning. I've not been on here for years so thought I would reintroduce myself.  Our son has a number of conditions, autism being one of them.  He also has a partial deletion of chromosome 9, adhd, hypermobility syndrome and anxiety.  We live in Surrey.

Hope to join in some chats and get to know everyone.

Parents
  • Hi - I am in a very similar boat in that I've just re-joined online community after a good couple of years. My son is 8 and has autism. Lots of anxiety probs at moment and almost OCD kind of thinking-patterns and behaviours. I have been struggling knowing how to handle a lot of it. He also has hypermobility like your son and falls over a lot! Nice to meet you :-)

• Hello

i am brand new on this site.

i have an 8yr old daughter with autism and ADHD.  She has lots of problems at school and high anxiety levels I have lost count of the number of times I have been up the school.  The school just doesn't understand her, I think just some kindness and patience is all she needs.  Nice to meet you both.

how are your boys coping with the hot weather?

x

• Sorry Dear ,you say the school does not understand her , is she at a special school for autistic children ,if not she will not understand them either.

Luckily my Grandson was 2 years old when statemented and from not being able to talk he has come on in leaps and bounds by being in the right place , He is 19 , will leave colleague shortly and go on to hopefully find a job.

getting into the right school has been very rewarding . See your local education authority

• Sorry Dear ,you say the school does not understand her , is she at a special school for autistic children ,if not she will not understand them either.

Luckily my Grandson was 2 years old when statemented and from not being able to talk he has come on in leaps and bounds by being in the right place , He is 19 , will leave colleague shortly and go on to hopefully find a job.

getting into the right school has been very rewarding . See your local education authority

Children
No Data