New to this place!

Hi my name's Olive and I'm 18! I'm a little nervous to be joining this community as I've never really had a support network for my autism but I hope this will help me feel more welcomed and more, if anything, normal. I think interacting with people like me will be good for me as it will help me feel less alone, which I always have been when it comes to understanding my autism.

I am yet undiagnosed, but as I recently turned 18 and am seeking an adult diagnosis. My journey in discovering my autism is a long one and has been since I was a baby and only in recent years have I been comfortable accepting myself as autistic and talking about my autism to others, although still it makes me nervous. As a teenage girl living in this generation where there is a lot of stigma around mental disorders it's very easy for someone to accuse me of lying and whilst many have supported me, others haven't.

I hope there are other people in this community who can relate to my experience and accept me.

Parents
  • Yes I will be the go between until he joins. His biggest worry is what will happen after school life? Will I be able to do the job that I really want to do or will my anx hold me back. He is an amazing artist and really wants to do comic design or something along them line. I just want him do do what he loves so that way he will have a happy life that's all I want. The less stress he has the better he will feel. Do you also worry about life after school or Are you just about to finish school in the next few weeks ? 

I know he is only 16 and he needs to take one day at a time it's hard to tell him that as he has had his future planed out since he was 6 but only got diagnosed when he was 12 so that's making him rethink like he can't do it because of his diagnosis? 

• Yes I will be the go between until he joins. His biggest worry is what will happen after school life? Will I be able to do the job that I really want to do or will my anx hold me back. He is an amazing artist and really wants to do comic design or something along them line. I just want him do do what he loves so that way he will have a happy life that's all I want. The less stress he has the better he will feel. Do you also worry about life after school or Are you just about to finish school in the next few weeks ? 

I know he is only 16 and he needs to take one day at a time it's hard to tell him that as he has had his future planed out since he was 6 but only got diagnosed when he was 12 so that's making him rethink like he can't do it because of his diagnosis? 

Children
No Data